Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Crazy Cravings After Dinner (Day 93)

This post is for Tuesday November 17th, 2009.

Cooler, rainy weather returned to our area so no dog walking today. All of my cardio would have to be done in the gym. I began my workout with 10 minutes of HIIT cardio on the treadmill. I again increased my run speed to 7.8 headed to 8.0 tomorrow. I trained shoulders next. I'm trying to use different exercises this week so I started with a military press machine for 3 sets, then on to a lateral raise machine for 3, next I did 3 sets of upright cable rows, followed by 3 sets of rear delts, and finally finishing with 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. I returned to the treadmill for 35 minutes of incline 13, speed 3.9 to finish my cardio for the day.

Today was the most difficult day I've had food wise since beginning NutriSystem. Everything went well all day until dinner. Breakfast was a chocolate chip scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was bean & ham soup and a fake grilled chicken breast. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was lasagna, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in a cheese sauce, and a slice of bread. After dinner I began to crave all kinds of foods. It began with a crazy craving for deep fried super salty catfish. Then the cravings morphed into a desire for any number of foods ranging from chicken strips, chicken wings, chicken livers, cheese burgers, hot dogs, tacos, red velvet cup cakes (where did that come from?), brownies, cream cheese brownies, ribs, Reese's, and finally Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Kim was working late so I dealt with all of these things alone. I was sitting on the sofa in the dark sweating, dreaming of this when she got home. Ultimately I didn't freak and eat any of it. Instead I made a cup of tea and had a Supreme Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar. It has a little more calories than most NS desserts, but only about 40 or so. I also ate a handful of arugula while watching The Biggest Loser. This was the first time I've suffered from a mass onset of wild cravings. Most, if not all, of those things would have made me sick if I'd actually eaten them, so I don't think I really wanted them. I just wanted the taste. Mainly the taste of nasty hot salty fried goodness, or something super sweet. I left out my 2 second ice cream craving in between the Reese's and KK's. Anyway, I more or less did well and hope I don't have to go through that again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment