Saturday, November 14, 2009

Leg Day & Photos of the Lake (Day 89)

This post is for Friday, November 13th, 2009. Again, I'm posting a day late.


Jack is one happy dog.

Friday is my leg day at the gym. I decided to get in a walk with Jumping Jack Flash this morning before making my way to the gym. He and I had a quick, quite cool 2 mile walk. At the gym I began with a little warm up on the recumbent bike and then moved on to Smith Squats. This week I got to train in my Cardillo Weight Belt (which was one of my mini goals). It felt like a tight glove was holding me together while squatting. I completed 3 sets of Smith Squats, then 3 sets of true squats, then 3 sets of hack squats, and finally 3 sets of leg extensions. For hamstrings I started with 3 sets of standing leg curls, then on to 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finished with 3 sets of hyper-extensions. Once home JJF and I walked again in the early afternoon & he and I both walked with Kim when she got home from work. A little less than 6 miles of walking on leg day!



My meals began with a screw up on my part. I intended to prepare maple brown sugar oatmeal, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. When I took my first bite of oatmeal I realized I had inadvertently made apple cinnamon oatmeal. Quite a shock to what my taste buds were expecting. I forgot to eat my morning snack before training so after I returned from the gym I had 1oz of cheese. Lunch was home-style cheesy potatoes and a Morning Star fake grilled chicken breast. My afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie. Dinner was veggie fajitas with fake chorizo along with peas and corn. Dessert was a chocolate chip cookie and a cup of tea.



Kim and I are gonna try to shoot a new pic of me tomorrow to use in the upcoming NS fall contest. If it turns out well I'll probably use it as my new image on NS.

No comments:

Post a Comment