Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Photo Comparison From Start Through Today (Day 78)

Didn't get to post this last night, so this is for Monday, November 2, 2009.

At my weigh in this morning I reached one of my first stated goals (I was down 3.5 for a total loss of 55). Back to 220 on my way to 200. I thought this would be a good time to do a little photo comparison. The first photo is of me the day before we started. The next is me at the end of the first month. The final photo of me is from yesterday.






Where was my neck in that first photo? I still can't find it. Lots chins, but no neck. Ha! I think I'm gonna use the first photo in the upcoming NS contest. I'll find the same shirt and shorts and shoot another photo the day before the contest deadline to submit as my most recent photo. Don't think or even care if I win, it's just cool to be able to enter and show off the results of the NS lifestyle.

Today I got in quite a bit of cardio. Kim, Jumping Jack Flash & I walked 2 miles first thing this morning. At the gym I did 15 minutes of HIIT work on the treadmill, which ended up being about 1.3 miles. After my workout I again hit the treadmill for 30 minutes @ incline 12.9, speed 3.9 for almost 2 more miles. Last night while Kim was at a meeting Jack and I walked around the lake again before dinner. So on the day I ended up with a little over 7 miles. My workout was very fast paced, even by my standards. I usually try to keep my pace around 1 set every 2 minutes. That includes doing the actual exercise, resting between sets, loading & unloading weights, etc. Today I did 15 sets in around 21 minutes. I should have slowed down, but I kinda hit a groove and was almost finished with the workout before I even realized how fast I was training. I started with 3 sets of incline hammer strength presses, then 3 sets of flat HS presses, followed by 3 sets of decline HS presses. I moved net to the body masters fly machine for 3 sets, and finally finished with 3 sets of dips. Really cool to be strong/fit enough to add dips back to my workout. I could do dips when I weighed 270, but when I did I could hear all sorts of things popping and grinding, and they hurt like hell. Now I just bang out sets at the end of the workout with no pain at all. Yahoo.

Today was another "on" plan day. Breakfast was nutriflakes with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt. Lunch was black bean tortilla soup and a salad. My afternoon snack was an oatmeal raisin cookie. Dinner was a large salad (with baby octopus), beef noodles with teryaki sauce, and broccoli. Dessert was a fudge brownie.




Hopefully my mother will make her way back to the gym tomorrow and help me slow down my pace for my shoulder workout.

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is a huge difference and yes, you can especially tell in your face and neck! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete