Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day of the Drive (Day 101)

This post is for Wednesday, November 25th, 2009. Drove all night last night and was unable to post.

Wednesday began with me trying to sleep as late as possible. I made it about an hour later than normal. I made my way to the gym a little late and trained back before doing any cardio. I began with 9 pull-ups, followed by 3 sets of pull downs, then 3 sets of t-bar rows, then on to 3 sets of y-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of iso-hammer strength crank row type things. I moved to the treadmill for about 57 minutes of cardio, incline 13, speed 4.0. From now on I'll be splitting the cardio 1/2 before & 1/2 after the workout. I didn't enjoy doing a full 60 after the workout today. I also got in a unexpected walk through our farm just before we left out for the beach. One of our tractors became stuck and I had to walk about a mile to where it was (to wet to drive my SUV). We unstuck it and I drove a tractor home. Yay for unexpected cardio!

I had a crazy food day. Breakfast was a chocolate chip scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a banana-yogurt smoothie. Lunch was pasta with beef and a veggie burger. Afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie. Dinner was sausage and rice. Here is where the rest of my day went crazy. We left a more or less on time to drive to Myrtle Beach, but a wreck in North Atlanta had traffic slowed somewhat. So we didn't arrive until after 3AM. Kim kept handing me small amounts of nuts to eat while driving. I also had a few bites of a chocolate bar she had brought along as well. Finally, when I stopped to buy gas, coffee (the truck stop had an "Intense-Energy Drink Brew"), and a couple of energy drinks I also purchased a tiny bag of Chili-Cheese Fritos. We ate a few bites after we arrived and then threw the bag away. Not a great day, but not bad for a night of driving. The saving grace for the day was the 1600 calories worth of exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment