Thursday, November 5, 2009

We Had To Let Love Rule (Day 80)

This post is for Wednesday November the 4th, 2009. We were out late and I didn't get a chance to post until this morning.

Long day today. Work, workout, cardio, meals, then off to Atlanta to see Lenny Kravitz @ the Tabernacle.

Meals first. Breakfast began with NutriFrosted Flakes Cereal, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack was yogurt. Lunch was a fudge graham bar with a large salad. My afternoon snack was a chocolatey noogat bar with peanuts and caramel. Dinner was macaroni & cheese along with cauliflower in cheese sauce. Dessert was a chocolate crunch bar.

I think I ended up with a little of 5 miles worth of cardio on the day. I began with 20 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill (I've slowly began increasing my jog/run speed). After training back I returned to the treadmill for 30 more minutes of incline 12.9, speed 3.9. A little later in the afternoon Jack & I took our usual 2 mile walk around the lake. So better than 5 miles and about 80 minutes worth of cardio. My mom finally made her return to the gym and trained back with me. We began with her watching me do my pathetic single set of 8 pull-ups. Our first joint work sets began with 3 sets of hammer strength front pull downs, followed by 3 sets HS rear pull downs, then I did 3 sets of T-Bar rows as mom did 3 sets of Y-bar rows, and finally we finished off with 3 sets of straight arm press downs. I had a doh! moment while trying to adjust the weights for mom on our last exercise. I was kinda exhausted and not paying attention to what I was doing. I bent over and was trying to insert a pin into the weight stack and had to force it in. As I stood I slammed my head into a handle protruding from the machine. The whole world shifted, my teeth rattled in my head. Luckily I was tired and just barley felt it. Probabaly have a nice little dent in my skull as a result.



Once Kim got in from work we changed clothes and headed South to Atlanta. The concert was scheduled to start at 8 (which means Lenny won't take the stage until 9:30 or so) and ordinarily I wouldn't think of arriving before 9:15 or so. But the concert was at the Tabernacle (a 100 year old church converted into a concert hall) which usually doesn't have any reserved seating. I'm to old to stand up in a crowd of people so I wanted to arrive early and grab a seat in the balcony. We lucked up and got a front row seat in the 3rd floor balcony stage left. I've seen Lenny a time or two before about 10 years ago. He was great. The crowd at those shows were something else as well. I think every strip club in Atlanta had to have been closed during those shows because all of the strippers were at the concerts. The crowd at this concert was different. Same hoochie mamas, only they had aged about 10 years (so have I, but I wasn't dressed like a 24 year old). Anyway, the show was great. Lenny was great. We had a blast. I have come to realize that concerts are just WAY to loud. As we walked out of the Tabernacle Kim tried to tell me that if the volume had been 1/2 as loud it would have still been to loud. I never heard her though. All I could hear was a high pitched ringing in my ears. Let Love Rule, yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment