Saturday, November 21, 2009

Leg Day & Plans For the Weekend (Day 96)

This post is for Friday, November 20th, 2009. I never got around to processing my photos from yesterday, much less writing a post last night.

Friday means leg day for me at the gym. My mom took up the challenge and trained with me. We decided that as she did one exercise I'd do another so we wouldn't have to load and unload weights after each set. She did the same exercises as me, just in a different order. I began with 3 sets of leg presses (I usually do these later in the workout after I'm sufficiently warmed up and into the workout, I was so shocked by how heavy the ~ 600#'s felt I actually checked to make sure an elephant hadn't jumped onto the sled without me noticing). Next I moved to the true squat for 3 sets (I used my Cardillo belt, almost in the 3 set of holes, so close!), then on to hack squats for 3 sets, and finally finished quads up with 3 sets of leg extensions. This is the point where mom unapologetically bailed on me. I had to finish hamstrings alone. I began with 3 sets of standing leg curls, then 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finished with 3 sets of weighted hyper-extensions. Pretty good leg workout. I realized as I finished I wasn't nearly as sweaty as usual. I was actually freezing cold. The gym had the AC going full blast. Nice, but odd since it was about 45 degrees outside. Finished with weight training I made my way to the treadmill. Before the workout I had warmed up for about 10 minutes on a stationary bike. Now it was time for some more intense cardio. Usually on leg days I don't attempt any more cardio for hours, but with the extra cardio work I've done this week I felt I could handle it. I began and caught a string of good songs on my iPhone and before I knew it I had knocked out 51 minutes of incline 13, speed 3.9 for a total of about 950 calories burned (3 1/4+ miles, I think). Kim and I walked JJF after she got home from work for my final cardio of the day. I think I had a 2000+ calorie burn day (from exercise alone). Not bad at all for a leg day.

I had a relatively good food day. Breakfast was a blueberry muffin, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was yogurt. Lunch was chili and a fake chicken patty. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was a thick crust pizza with fake chorrizo & a fake chicken patty on the side. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie. After my dessert I caved and had a couple of small bites of a double creamed gouda (I justified this because I didn't have any calories from carbs with dinner, weak, I know). Damn, cheese is good.

Saturday Kim and I have a fun day planned. Recycle in the AM. Take some of the hounds to have their photo made with Santa at the local pet rescue. Later we're gonna head North to the great city of Chattanooga to see "The Men Who Stare At Goats." I'm trying to plan my meals so that we have breakfast and a morning snack at home, eat lunch before the movie (I'm gonna have some raw oysters & pray they have some from the West Coast), have a NS snack during the movie, and then have a veggie dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant afterward (Chana Sag for me which is spinach and chick peas!!!!!!). My biggest decision now is whether to order my dessert from the Indian place (I love their cheese balls in honey, the order is of four and I'll only eat 1/2 of it if I end up eating dessert there) or just wait and have a NS dessert once we get home. Decisions, decisions.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Sorry, I have to say it: GO DAWGS. And on a very sad note, RIP UGA VII.

No comments:

Post a Comment