Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oh My God UGA Won A Game & My Entry In the Nutrisystem Fall Contest Along With New Pics (Day 90)

Let me be the first to say I'm shocked that UGA actually won their game this evening. Pretty good game & I bet Athens will be rocking all night. UGA vs. Auburn weekend was always one of the wildest weekends of the year while I was in college. I guess 'cause it's a week or so before Thanksgiving and almost all of the students are in town for the weekend. As much fun as it used to be, I'm SO happy I'm home and not out somewhere in Athens tonight.

Before settling in to watch football Kim and I walked the dogs twice today. Once before breakfast for 2 miles and once before dinner for about a mile. That was all the exercise I did the entire day! Nice to rest some.

We spent a little time setting up and shooting a new photo of me to use in the Nutrisystem Fall Contest. Worked out OK. We also snuck in a quick photo of Kim and I both (now my avatar). Kim also helped me (she proof read and edited out all of my mistakes, I have a degree in Finance, not English) prepare a short essay to accompony the photos submitted for the contest. Photos and essay below.





























During the past summer, I experienced a few incidents which made me realize that I was significantly overweight and desperately needed to do something about it. When my girlfriend, Kim, and I departed for our summer vacation, I was embarrassed to learn that I could barely fasten the lap belt on our flight. At one point during our trip, Kim carried some of our bags up trail from a secluded beach near the Golden Gate Bridge for fear that I would collapse and die from exertion. Finally, later in the summer, I took a photograph of my father and I standing on a pier at the beach. Dad looked like dad, and I didn’t recognize myself. At that moment, I decided to do something about my weight. When I returned home, I ordered Nutrisystem and began the program. I have been successful beyond my dreams. Nutrisystem has helped me learn portion control, reintroduced me to fruits and yogurts, and has made me realize how much I love salads. I no longer look at foods that are not part of the system and long for the day when I can eat them again. I now look at the healthy foods and choices that I make on a daily basis and realize how much happier and healthier I am by not eating the things that got me in such bad shape to begin with. I have lost over 60 pounds, and I now fit into clothes I used to wear 10 years ago in college. Prior to beginning the Nutrisystem program, I would typically eat a couple of high calorie, low nutrient meals every day. Now, with the help of Nutrisystem, I eat multiple, nutritious meals throughout the day, and I never get hungry. After losing a significant amount of weight, I no longer suffer the knee pain which has, for years, limited my ability to enjoy life. I can now keep up with Kim on our evening walks, and she doesn’t have to worry about me having a heart attack while walking our dogs. Thanks to the Nutrisystem program, I’m in much better shape and overall health, and I look forward to a long, happy, healthy life with Kim. Thanks Nutrisystem.

So I'm officially entered into the contest. It's nice to be able to say I entered. The sad thing is I would have happily paid $10k to loose this much weight, so easily and quickly.

Almost forgot, here's the photo of Kim and I.


Today was a good food day. I wasn't "on" plan exactly. Breakfast was pancakes, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was Kim's take on black beans and rice (she makes it into a salad kinda thing & serves it chilled, I love it). My afternoon snack was an oatmeal raisin cookie. Dinner was a large salad, grilled octopus, and 1oz of Humboldt Fog cheese! Dessert this evening was a fudge brownie. I'm pretty sure I came in below my usual amount of calories for the day, but with the reduction in exercise today I didn't notice it at all.

Looking forward to walking the hounds a few times tomorrow, resting, watching some football, and most def playing Modern Warfare 2 until my eyes BURN!

No comments:

Post a Comment