Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sweat Till You Bleed (Day 94)

This post is for November 18th, 2009. I had a late night and didn't attempt to post anything last night.



Today was a much better food day for me. No wild cravings late in the day. No desire to attack a box of Krispy Kremes. Breakfast was lowfat granola cereal, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a Supreme Protein Bar. Lunch was fettuccine alfredo & and a Morning Star Fake Grilled Chicken Breast. My afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie. Dinner was one of my favorites. Veggie fajitas with veggie chorizo! My dessert was a chocolate chip cookie dipped in a cup of vanilla caramel tea.



I had a great workout and cardio workout at the gym. My old training partner DJ returned and trained back with me. Before the workout I did 15 minutes of HIIT cardio on the treadmill and got my run speed up to 8.0! We began the workout with a set of pull-ups (9 reps again this week, maybe I'll get 10 next week). We moved on to 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of y-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of straight arm press downs. We were joined by a friend who is one of the owners/trainers of our gym for some more cardio afterward. I knocked out another 35 minutes on the treadmill. Part of the time I did my usual uphill walking, and the rest of the time I tried to keep up with everyone else jogging. I didn't do great, but much better that I thought I would. I burned about 650 calories in the 35 minutes of final cardio. When I returned home I changed out of my sweat soaked clothes to discover I had done so much cardio I was bleeding. My shirt was so wet that as I jogged and the material moved on my body it eventually scratched my chest and caused me to bleed. So I pulled a "sweat till you bleed" move (wasn't that from an old C+C Music Factory song?). Good sign of a workout. Later in the day Jumping Jack Flash and I took a quick 2 mile walk around the lake to wrap up my workouts for the day.

Last night found me driving to a property to check for a water leak at about 11PM. Out utility bill for the property was about $1000 more than usual. I couldn't find the leak, but I could hear water rushing through the main line coming into the propterty so I know we've got a problem somewhere. So at least I know what I'm gonna be doing for the next few days. Guess I better find my plumbers pants and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment