Friday, November 13, 2009

FOCUS Bear (Day 88)

My next NS box (BBB, right?) arrived late yesterday evening. It really seems like these things arrive more quickly after the second box. #'s 3 & 4 seem like they were only like about a week or so apart. Anyway, a box filled with my favs & a new little friend. #60 "Focus Bear" was hiding in the bottom of the box. Kim laughed and said the ten pound bear should have been called focus, not the sixty. Maybe sixty should have been called the "Hell Yes" bear.



Good day at the gym. Well, it started even before the gym. Jumping Jack Flash & I took a 2 mile hike early as Kim was preparing to leave for work. I made my way to the gym afterward and knocked out over 15 minutes of HIIT cardio on the treadmill before moving on to my arm workout. Mom and our friend P trained arms with me. Triceps first. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, and 3 sets of rope press downs. Biceps next beginning with 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls, and finishing with 3 sets of rope curls. I returned to the treadmill for what was supposed to be 30 minutes of incline walking but ended up being only 25 minutes because I could feel a blister forming on the heel of my left foot. I bought some new shoes the other day and was worried they might cause some issues as I get acclimated to wearing them, but this problem was not related to the shoes, I wore some ancient socks that were so loose they were causing the blister. That's what I get for trying to find socks to wear in the dark. I had planned on walking again with Kim after she got home from work but she was "on call" last night and didn't make it home before 10 PM, so no second walk for me and JJF. I did get a great eyeball and finger/thumb workout playing the new Call Of Duty Modern Warfare game yesterday. I'm gonna limit my play time and make myself leave the house at least once each day over the next few days.

Another good day with my meals today. Breakfast was an apple strudel scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was parmesan pasta and a grilled fake chicken veggie thing (Morning Star). My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was spaghetti, broccoli & cauliflower in cheese sauce, and a large salad. Dessert was a fudge brownie.





This week has been weird for me. I've been exhausted once or twice after workouts and I think that has left me feeling like I haven't done "well" this week. After recovering (read that to say waking from a nap) I'm left with the feeling that I've gained about 20 pounds back. Going back and looking over my food intake and training routine I know that's illogical, but I still feel weird. Alright, enough weirdness from me. LEG DAY TOMORROW. That should end any weird feelings I have 'cause I'll be numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment