Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rain Filled Day (Day 86)

Hurricane Ida has parked herself over the South and brought a large amount of rain to our area. My poor hounds have had to stay inside most of the day today. The precipitation has also put a damper on my cardio routine today. The only cardio I was able to do today was at the gym. I was running late so I began with only 12 minutes of HIIT instead of 20. After my shoulder workout I got in another 30 minutes on the treadmill at incline 12.9, speed 3.9. My mother joined me today for my workout. We began with military presses, then side lateral raises, moved on to upright rows, and then finished with rear delts. I went on to do a few sets of shoulder shrugs on my own afterward. Tomorrow we train back and I'll get to try to up my pull-ups into the double digits.

I had another "on" plan day today. Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal, a banana, facon, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was vegetable beef soup (and it was extra good because I was freezing and soaked) along with corn and peas. My afternoon snack was a white chocolate chunk cookie. Dinner this evening was a large salad, macaroni and cheese with beef, broccoli & cauliflower in cheese sauce, and a slice of bread. Dessert this evening was a chocolate crunch bar & a cup of Indian Chai Tea!

We recieved a new shipment of teas and cheeses today (we've kinda gone cheese crazy). The teas were the before mentioned Indian Chai and Midnight Iguana. The cheeses were a triple cream called St. Andre, a 3 year old Italian Parmsean, a raw sheep's milk cheese, and an aged goat's milk cheese called Humboldt Fog. All were amazing (I sampled a tiny taste of each). The St. Andre and Humboldt look like cakes. I'm preparing a post on my personal blog about the cheese and will post a link here once it's published. Here's a pic to hold any of you cheese lovers over.



Hopefully the rain will move on sometime tomorrow and Kim and I can walk/wade around the lake late in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment