Sunday, November 1, 2009

Classic Cut (Day 77)

Back to a more normal routine today. No brains or baby octopus on the menu today. All NS foods today.

After our late night (late for us anyway) of watching baseball we slept in a little this morning. Once I released the hounds I returned to my NS breakfasts with pancakes, facon, baby bananas, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch today was a chocolate peanut butter bar and a serving of corn and peas. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner this evening began with a salad, then on to meatloaf with mashed potatoes and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Dessert tonight was a white chocolate chunk cookie with a cup of tea.

I decided to lay off the gym today and give my hip flexors a rest from the treadmill. So Kim, Jumping Jack Flash & I put in about a two mile walk after lunch. A little later in the afternoon (actually around sunset) as Kim headed out to visit with a friend at Jack and I headed back out for 2 more miles. So on the day I wanted to rest my hip flexors I ended up doing 4 miles worth of walking instead of my usual 5. Jack is exhausted (he stopped at the barn to chase a mouse and got home 3 hours later, filthy) and has retired to his crate for the night. Back to the gym in the morning.

Kim and I went to a local store today to look for some cheap jeans that fit (we both have very few items that actually fit now). For the first time in my adult life I bought a pair of jeans that were called a "classic" cut my the manufacturer. I usually have to buy "loose" or "relaxed" or something similar. On one hand this is great and I'm very pleased. On the other hand, I've usually had to buy the looser fitting jeans because my legs were so large (muscular) that they didn't fit normal cut jeans. I don't think (well, I know I haven't) I've lost any muscularity in my legs so hopefully these jeans are cut a little looser and maybe my legs have cut up some without loosing any muscle mass. Any way, when I started I wore a size 40 (and those were not exactly loose) and today I bought size 34 (which are not exactly tight!). Way to go NS! My weekly weigh in is in the morning. Hopefully I'll have another 2-3 pound loss to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment