Sunday, November 22, 2009

Le Grand, Malai Kafta, & Chana Saag (Day 97)

This post is for Saturday, November 21st, 2009. I was so disgusted I couldn't post anything after watching UGA loose to Kentucky at home for the first time in 30+ years. Worst. QB. Ever.

Kim and I had a photo shoot/date afternoon-night on Saturday. We began the day by gathering our recycling and taking it to the city sponsored recycling center (WISH we had a service that came by and picked up recycling from the curb). How romantic, right? Next we gathered two of our five hounds (the two smallest, Belle the Pug & Jumping Jack Flash) and went to the local pet rescue for a photo shoot with a Santa, all proceeds to go to the rescue. So prepare yourselves for the uber cuteness that is to come of Kim, Santa, the little dogs & I. Next we headed North about an hour to Chattanooga. We drove down town to a little restaurant called Easy Bistro. We ordered the "Le Grand" which is a raw plate of 15 various oysters (including Kusshi from the West Coast, YUM), a few mussels, 1/4 pound of shrimp, and crab legs. We also ordered 1/2 a grilled lobster. I ate all with either lemon juice or a vinegar dip. Very little calories and DELICIOUS. Afterward we went to a movie theater next door to see "The Men Who Stare At Goats." Funny. Well, funny to us anyway. If your sense of humor isn't as twisted as ours you many not enjoy so much. Lots of subtle Star Wars references, a shout out to Psych (on of my favorite TV shows) & Silence of the Lambs. During the movie I had a NS Chocolate Crunch bar. After the movie we went to our favorite Indian restaurant in Chattanooga, Sitar. We ordered Channa Saag, spinach and chick peas, and Malai Kofta , homemade cheese stuffed in vegetable balls, cooked in a mild spices & creamy almond sauce. I also had two cups of chai tea. Lovely. We (read that to say I) ordered a bread called Puri. Deep fried puff of bread filled with air. Delicious. We ate about 1/2 of the food and brought the rest home, with the exception of the bread which I forgot. I was very pleased with the amount of food I consumed and my overall behavior during our meals out. Typically I'd have eaten much, much more at each of the restaurants, plus about 20,000 calories worth of pop corn at the movie theater.

Not much exercise yesterday. We walked up and down a flight of stairs in a parking deck. Unfortunately that was about it. I'm actually ok with that. I've had a pretty intense week of training so a day off is nice. I might do some cardio on Sunday. I haven't decided yet.

I had another NSV (non scale victory) yesterday. I wore the smallest size jeans I own, size 33. When I started NS I wore size 40.

Next week I have a quite a few opportunities to eat out well. My sister's birthday is Tuesday & I'll go out to eat with the family somewhere in Atlanta to celebrate. Don't know where yet, but I'll post about it if I find out before hand and maybe get some help from everyone if I can get an online copy of the menu. Same thing for my trip to Myrtle Beach. I plan to eat lots of fish for dinner, NS during the day. Good luck to everyone next week. Hope you all do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment