Monday, November 16, 2009

Shooting Stars (Day 92)

I'm up late tonight waiting on Kim to get home from work. Tonight is her dreaded "on call" coverage night. While waiting I might as well get today's blog entry ready and posted.

After my WI this morning Jumping Jack Flash & I had a nice 2 mile walk around the very foggy lake. Afterward I made my way to the gym and began with a 15 minute HIIT workout on the treadmill. I managed to keep my run speed at 7.5 today without feeling tired during the rest of my workout. Mom arrived just in time to train chest with me today. We changed things up a bit and began with incline dumbbell presses. I can remember the days when I used to press 120#'s in each hand. Today I tentatively began with 70#'s in each hand. I worked my way up to 75#'s for the final two sets. After the presses we moved on to the hammer strength decline machine for 3 sets, then on to a different chest press machine for 3 sets, next was the fly machine for 3 sets, and finally I finished up with 3 sets of dips. After the chest work we returned to the treadmills where I knocked out another 35 minutes. 80 minutes of cardio for the day.

I had a pretty good day eating wise. I did sneak and eat a bite of smoked gouda cheese late this evening. Maybe that was okay since I didn't have any olives on my dinner salad tonight. Breakfast began with lowfat granola cereal, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a Morning Star fake grilled chicken breast. Lunch today was a salad and a fudge graham bar. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner (which I ate with Belle, the pug, instead of Kim since she had to work late, boo!) was maccaroni and cheese with beef, 2 servings of cauliflower with cheese, a salad, and a slice of bread. Dessert this evening was a double chocolate almond cookie along with 2 cups of Indian Chai Tea!

I had thoughts of either staying up very late or getting up very early to see/photograph the meteor shower that is going to occur early in the morning, but since I just saw a shooting star I think I'm gonna go to bed instead. If I stay up all night I will be useless all day tomorrow. If I was somewhere it was VERY dark, like say a dessert somewhere maybe I'd stay up and try to get a great view, but since I'm in the light pollution capital of the South I don't think I'll worry with it. I guess I'll just stay up waiting to make sure Kim gets home safely. Good night all.




No comments:

Post a Comment