Saturday, December 5, 2009

21 Sets For Quads & Hams + 60 Minutes of Cardio = Jello Legs (Day 110)

This post is for Friday, December 4th, 2009.

If you're a regular follower of my posts then you know Friday is LEG DAY for me. DJ actually came to the gym but trained shoulders as I trained legs. So close to having a training partner! I had a response to my usual FaceBook invite for partners saying that he'd rather have a root canal than train legs with me. Probably feel about the same when it's over, just pain in a different place.

I began the workout with 30 minutes on the treadmill, incline 13, speed 4. I trained quads first, beginning with 3 sets of true squats, followed by 3 sets of hack squats, then 3 sets of leg presses, and finally 3 sets of leg extensions. Hamstrings began with 3 sets of single leg curls, then 3 sets of seated leg curls, and ended with 3 sets of hyper-extensions. I then limped back to the treadmill for 30 more minutes (felt like 4 hours) at the same intensity as before. I was dizzy as I left the gym. Good workout. Good cardio (not as good as DJ, he did a varied intensity running routine on the treadmill, I think he was dizzy too). I was sore before Kim got home from work. This weekend I'll be silly sore.

I had a great day with my meals. Breakfast began with an apple strudel scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was mac & cheese and a broccoli pancake. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was veggie fajitas with fake chorrizo (YUM) served on 45 cal/slice bread with a little cheese and a salad. Dessert was a peanut butter cookie.

After my workout I spent a couple of hours working on a photo project for my dad. I was to remove old photos (aged anywhere from 30 - 115 years old) from a photo album and scan them so I can edit them in photoshop later. I gained some valuable insight into how to treat photos during the process. Always label your photos. 115 years after a photo is take NO ONE will know who "the little one" actually is. Don't use labels like brother, sister, me, and cousin either. 4 generations later no one will have a clue as to who any of you are. DON'T put photos in a album that has sticky materials. If you ever have to remove the photos it is near impossible. I used a craft knife and still almost destroyed a photo. I eventually gave up on removing each photo and had to scan them still affixed to the album. I know some of this doesn't apply with digital photos, but you should still tag photos (digitally label) correctly, and store them in multiple locations so you don't loose the data. I'll post a few images of my ancestors once I finish editing the project.

Finally, it is supposed to snow here in North Georgia overnight. If I don't post for a few days please send help. The mere sight of a snow flake here causes civil unrest. Combine possible snow with all of the traffic expected in the metro Atlanta area due to the Florida vs Alabama SEC Championship game & the state and local governments may be overwhelmed and law and order could break down. So if you were thinking of visiting the area over the weekend, don't. It could get ugly here. ROLL TIDE!! (I just can't bring myself to root for Florida, but I will if they play for the National Championship).

No comments:

Post a Comment