Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Training Alone & Staying Hungry (Day 121)

Kim wasn't feeling well, my mom was a no show, and DJ has been out of town so I trained alone today. 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill before starting my workout. I trained shoulders today, which if I had to pick a body part to train alone, shoulders would be it. I began with 3 sets of military presses, followed by 3 sets of side lateral raises, then on to 3 sets of upright rows, and finished up with 3 sets of rear delts. Back to the treadmill for 30 more minutes to finish up my exercise for the day.

Easy, good food day. I began with a double chocolate muffin, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread for breakfast. I forgot my morning snack (d'oh). Lunch was a veggie burger with a cup of NS chili with beans. My afternoon snack was a coconut almond bar. Dinner this evening was a new item, the buffalo chicken wrap. It looks really orange. Tasted ok. I added some cheese and a little cholula and it was pretty good. Along with wrap I had a sweet potato pancake, and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Dessert this evening was a double chocolate almond cookie with a little peanut butter added on top. Since I forgot my morning snack I decided to have a little cheese after dinner, so I cut a few bites of my newest cheese, Blue Hill. Very nice raw milk blue cheese. I also had a little bit of a protein bar throughout the day.

Since increasing my cardio to a full hour at the gym I'm still having cravings/being hungry after dinner-dessert. I don't have any issues with hunger during the day at all, only after my last meal. I haven't really noticed the hunger on the weekends though. Maybe it's just because I'm eating later on the weekends, or maybe because I typically don't train as long those days. Not sure. I think I'm still burning ~1500 calories during my workouts, so adding a little more protein/calories doesn't bother me. Add that to what I think is about a 500-700 calorie deficit from the NS diet, and I'm still pulling ~2000 calorie deficit totals at least 5 days a week. See, I'm trying to convince myself the cheese/protein/peanut butter is OK on occasion.

Kim plans to be back at the gym tomorrow for our back workout. Maybe I'll remember to snap a pick of us as we train one day to post....

No comments:

Post a Comment