Friday, December 11, 2009

Sloppy Joe, Chocolate Rainbow Delights Review & Kim's First Leg Workout (Day 117)

So far I've read nothing good about the new Sloppy Joe Meal. This is concerning to me because I loved it. Have my taste buds become so acclimated (jaded?) to NS that I now PREFER NS foods? First off, the Sloppy Joe meal is a vegetarian meal (soy protein, according to Kim, I didn't take the time to read the label, I just ate it). Of course this NS version doesn't taste like a real sloppy joe, but it's somewhat similar. Add some mustard and you're really close. I'll definitely add more of these to my next order.

I tried the Chocolate Rainbow Delights for my afternoon snack. Big surprise, I liked these too. The only drawback is the serving size. Miniature food. Tasty, but small. I'll add more of these next month too.

Today was Kim's first leg workout since her return to the gym. We began with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, speed 4.0, incline 13.5. We began the workout with Kim on the leg press machine as I was on the true squat machine for 3 sets. Next Kim moved to squats and I moved to the hack squat machine for 3 sets. Our next exercise Kim did 3 sets of lunges as I did 3 sets on the leg press. We both moved to the leg extension machine for 3 sets next. Hamstrings followed. We began with 3 sets of standing leg curls, followed b 3 sets of seated leg curls, and finished with 3 sets of hyper-extensions. We returned to the treadmill for 10 more minutes before calling it a day.

Good food day today. Breakfast was another new item, the Double Chocolate Muffins. Nuked them for a few seconds and they were lovely. Along with the muffins I had a yogurt banana smoothie and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was a veggie burger with cheesy homestyle mashed potatoes. My afternoon snack was the new chocolate rainbow delights. Dinner was the new sloppy joe, with 3 servings of broccoli and cheese sauce. Dessert this evening was a caramel chocolate bar. I heated it up a bit and it was yummy!

Two more pics for you. The first is just silly. It's my stash of NS food. I not only have all of my food, but I have a lot of Kim's food too. Once I reach my goal and begin to transition back to non NS food, I will have plenty of meals to use during the process. The second pic is of Kim, Belle, Santa, Jumping Jack Flash & I. This photo is this year's Xmas card. It was taken at a local pet rescue during their annual fund raiser



.


No comments:

Post a Comment