Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow and a Party (Day 111)

This is for Saturday, December 5th, 2009.

We woke to a rare sight this morning. Snow in Georgia. Amazingly, the population did not fall into mass hysteria (I think because most people were still in bed, the local HS Football team had a playoff game the night before) and the event ended peacefully. I grabbed a few pics before the snow dissipated. The Pug didn't care for the snow at all. She ran out, slid to a halt, and then barked at the snow flakes for a moment before racing back to the door wanting to go back inside. The other hounds were indifferent to the snow. They just like being outside.

I made my way to the gym to train around lunch. I began with 30 minutes on the treadmill, speed 4, incline 13. Next I quickly trained calves with a total of 6 sets, 3 sitting, 3 standing. I returned to the treadmill for 15 more minutes of the same as before. Then I went to the elliptical for 10 minutes before heading home. Later in the day Kim, Jumping Jack Flash and I went on a 2 mile walk around the lake. It was COLD. We made it home just before sunset in time for me to watch some of the SEC Championship. Roll Tide. Poor Tebow, he cried.......

I had a good food day, however I was VERY hungry late in the day. I began with one of Kim's breakfasts. Egg Beaters mixed with veggie chorrizo, a blueberry muffin, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a yogurt and banana smoothie. Lunch was parmesan broccoli pasta with a Morning Star Chik'n Griller (70 calories, I think). My afternoon snack was a white chocolate chip cookie. Dinner was rotini with meatballs, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower in cheese sauce, a slice of bread, and a few blue cheese stuffed olives. I LOVE blue cheese stuffed olives. They make my old jalapeno stuffed olives taste like junk. Dessert was another white chocolate chunk cookie. During the day I also had a small supreme protein bar, some PB, and a random sampling of olives. A good bit more calories than usual. I think all of the cardio from the week began to catch up with me, hunger wise.

Finally last night we went to a friend's birthday party. We picked up DJ and then arrived at the BEAUTIFUL home the party was being held at. Now in the past 5 years I've had more than 1 drink exactly 1 time (my sister's wedding) and I haven't really had anything to drink in a couple of years (during dinner on vacation doesn't count), but Kim still enjoys a drink from time to time. As does DJ. So Kim and DJ enjoyed their various libations and I enjoyed having conversations with people instead of dogs (my usual & actually preferred counterparts). We left early (Kim and I, DJ was just getting started) . Lovely night, I hope DJ made it home OK. If we get any pics (the birthday boy is a photog and pics should be on FaceBook soon) I'll post a few.

The only other item of note occurred before the party. As Kim was getting dressed I was letting the hounds back outside for a minute (remember, it was around 29 degrees at 7PM) before we left for the evening. I heard JJF go crazy barking and then all of the hounds join in. I walked outside to see JJF outside of the fence (he tunnels out regularly) about 100 yards from the house towards our barn, facing off with two large animals. It was very dark (all of the security lights had just blinked off for some reason) and I had just come out from a well lit room so I couldn't tell what he was barking at. It was either two small deer, or two large coyotes. They were not particularly bothered by Jack, but they did retreat when they saw me. I finally got Jack to come to me and I put him in the house. Kim still wasn't ready, so I grabbed a rifle and a light and went back out to make sure that if the animals had been coyotes they had really left the area. No sign of them anywhere (this is when I wish I had either good Night Vision equipment, what I have sucks, or a thermal scope) so I came back home and brought the hounds in. I'll check today for deer tracks or coyote scat to see if I can tell what JJF had been after. Whatever it was almost made it to our front door, so I'd be surprise to learn that it had been coyotes. They usually never get closer than the barn to our house.

ROLL TIDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment