Sunday, December 13, 2009

More New Foods (Day 118)

This post is for Saturday, December 12th, 2009.

I had a very slow, lazy kinda day. My exercise for the day was a 2 mile walk with Kim and JJF in the near freezing cold during the afternoon. Jack began the walk wearing a little fleece sweater, but by about half way, he had managed to run through a mud puddle and tear the sweater mostly off. He finally refused to take another step until we removed it. Then he was off to the races. I felt very good, but Kim was experiencing some leg soreness from our Friday workout. She did very well and we finished our walk averaging about .2 mph less than usual. Leg soreness, combined with very cold air (for North Ga., anyway) and a dog wardrobe malfunction, I thought we did very well.

Good food day. Not perfect, but good. Breakfast was a new item for me, the cinnamon bun. I nuked it a little to much, but it was still good. It is a little on the small side, but by the time I added a banana, yogurt, and a slice of bread I was very full. My morning snack was a little strange. I think I had to much banana (I know I did) with my yogurt smoothie at breakfast, so I didn't have a fruit with my snack. I did have my dinner portion of bread and added a Morning Star Chick'n Patty as a protein and made a little sandwich. The sandwich had both protein and veggie servings (to many for a morning snack) so for lunch I only had a chocolate caramel bar. First time I'd tried it and I liked it as well. My afternoon snack was a chocolate chip cookie with a little peanut butter added. Dinner was another new item for me. BBQ Pork Wrap & it was good! The pork reminded me of the same taste as an old Pizza Hut BBQ Pizza, or maybe a Sonic BBQ sandwich (both of which are no longer available). Maybe it reminded me of the BBQ sandwiches we were served in high school, I'm not sure. Anyway, it reminded me of something and I liked it (took me a lot of typing to say that!). Along with the wrap I had 2 servings of cauliflower with cheese sauce. Dessert was a coconut almond bar. Kim went out to dinner with an old classmate and brought me home a small cream cheese brownie. I cut a small piece (about 1/4) and it was delicious. I'm gonna have a little more for breakfast and let Kim have the rest.

Sunday we're headed to my sister's place in Atlanta to celebrate her son's first birthday. I've got photo duty so expect a few pics soon. I'm gonna limit my food at the party to just a taste of a few things. I may have to stop at my favorite Indian place for some palak peneer on the way home (don't worry, it's not goat brains, it's spinach with Indian cheese).






View Larger Map

2 comments: