Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kim's So Sore I Think She May Hate Me (Day 115)

Kim and I trained back today at the gym. She is now terribly sore from our Monday workout. Stretching to reach the pull down bar almost made her cry. I looked at her, smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Zane, welcome to my world." She laughed. I have muscle soreness somewhere EVERY day. Today is Wednesday and my legs are still sore from last Friday! I didn't mean to make her THAT sore. I'm gonna make sure she doesn't overdo it during the next couple of weeks. Then I'm gonna run all over her. Kidding, kidding. We'll have some good workouts though. Today's workout began with 30 minutes of cardio, incline 13, speed 4 (I did a little interval running for about 10 minutes). Our back workout began with me doing one set of pull-ups (sadly I'm still only doing about 9 reps - the pre-exhausting with cardio is killing me). Next we did 3 sets of pull downs, followed by 3 sets of t-bar rows, then 3 sets of y-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of hammer strength seated rows. We returned to the treadmills for 30 more minutes of cardio, this time I did incline 13.5 and speed of 4. Tomorrow we train arms.

Good food day. Breakfast was nutriflakes, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was yogurt, as usual. Lunch was pasta with beef and a veggie burger. My afternoon snack was a double chocolate almond cookie with a tiny amount of peanut butter. Dinner was macaroni and cheese with beef covering a morning star chick'n griller. My dessert was a South Beach Peanut Butter Bar, actually eaten before dinner at my parent's house as I was helping mom prepare her Xmas card order.

I can tell (I think anyway) that I'm dropping some weight this week. I've gone from using the 3rd hole in my belt to using either the 4th or 5th today. Maybe with a couple of more good days at the gym and good cardio workouts I'll have a nice loss on Monday. I'd be delighted to hit the 70 pound mark before Xmas week.

No comments:

Post a Comment