Tuesday, December 29, 2009

StairMaster(ed) (Day 136)

Today (Tuesday) we trained shoulders at the gym. Before the workout we got in 30 minutes on the treadmill at incline 14.2, speed 4.2. The weight training began with 3 sets of dumbbell military presses, then 3 sets of side lateral raises, followed by 3 sets of up right cable rows, and finally 3 sets of rear delts. We next tried something a little different for cardio. We jumped onto a StairMaster each and went to stepping for 15 minutes. It sucked, but not as bad as what I thought. Afterward we rode the stationary bikes for 15 more minutes to finish up our workout. Much later in the afternoon we took Jumping Jack Flash on a 2 mile walk. We were both exhausted late in the afternoon, with me taking a nap before the walk and Kim taking one after. I think the change in cardio wiped us both out.



Tomorrow we train early so Kim can attend our gym's version of a yoga class. We've got dinner in Atlanta with a high school classmate of Kim's. We're trying a small Indian vegetarian restaurant we've read a lot about. I think we have to return some Xmas gifts while we're in the city so we probably won't get in a dog walk tomorrow. I'll have to do all treadmill work tomorrow and hope I get some extra exercise walking around the mall with Kim.




I decided to add a few more calories to my meals today because I've felt so exhausted this evening. Most of the calories were in the form of peanut butter added to my snacks. Breakfast this morning was an apple strudel scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. Lunch was a bowl of chili and a veggie chick'n patty. My afternoon snack was a fudge brownie with peanut butter. Dinner was veggie fajitas, veggie chorizo, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a few olives. Dessert this evening was a chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter. My morning snack which I now eat at night was a little blue cheese. I think with the extra PB and cheese (ate a little more than the oz I should have) my calories for the day were just under 2000. A lot more than usual, but I'm trying to vary the amount each day. Some days staying right at 1500, some at 2000, and some days in between.

Tuesday's BodyBugg Info
Burn = 3810
Calories in =2001
Deficit =1809

No comments:

Post a Comment