Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Turducken & Late Night Hunger (Day 122)

I'm still battling my late evening hunger issues. I did much better tonight. I didn't have my NS dessert because I'd had a protein bar earlier in the day and I wanted to stay under 1700-ish calories on the day. Late this evening I had a few strawberries and about an oz of blue cheese. 150-200 calories at most so I think I stayed around my mark on the day. I was hungry though. I just handled it better today.

My TURDUCKEN arrived today. We placed it into the freezer and re-read the cooking instructions. It doesn't appear to be very difficult to prepare. I'll shoot lots of photos during the prep and consumption of this monster.

Kim didn't feel well again this morning, but decided to go to the gym anyway. She pedaled slowly on the bike as I did my first 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. Then we began our back workout. I started with TWO SETS of pull-ups. This is the first time since I was in college that I've done multiple sets of pull-ups. 9 reps the first set and 6 horrible reps the second set. We moved on to the y-bar for 3 sets, then the t-bar for 3, next onto the seated row machine for 3 sets, and finally finished with 3 sets of lat pull-downs. Back to the treadmill for me (and the bike for Kim) for 30 minutes. After returning home and having lunch, I had to take a brief nap I was so exhausted.

I've had a decent food day. For breakfast I had an apple strudel scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a cup of yogurt. Lunch was vegetable beef soup and a veggie burger. My afternoon snack was a tiny bag of chocolate rainbow delights. Somewhere between the snack and dinner I had the remainder of a protein bar and a few bites of peanut butter. Dinner was veggie fajitas, fake veggie chorizo, bread, and cauliflower with cheese sauce. No dessert, but I did have the strawberries and blue cheese late.

Tomorrow we hit the gym to train arms along with our cardio, then I have a feeling I may have to take another nap.....

No comments:

Post a Comment