Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chat Patti (Day 137)

Today (Wednesday) Kim and I were on the move most of the day. We trained back, got in our cardio, returned gifts, bought the essential veggie "Better Than Pig Ears" for the dogs, and met our friend A. for some Vegetarian Indian Food in the big city.


This is Kim's Chat Patti Special Chaat


Our workout nearly wiped us both out. Cardio on the treadmill for 30 minutes, incline 14.3, speed 4.2 to start out with. Next we began the resistance training with me doing 2 sets of pull-ups (Kim did spot me a little) before our first real word sets of lat pull downs, for 3 sets. Following the pull downs we did 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of y-bar rows, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs to finish up with. Back to the treadmill for 25 minutes of the same as before. By the end we were both running on fumes.


My Cheese Masala Dosa (Rice and lentil crepe filled with cheese and spiced potatoes and onions). Notice how it's larger than Kim's arm.


Once we returned home we rested a minute, changed clothes, and were off headed South towards Atlanta. We returned some of Kim's gifts from me, hit up Pet Smart for the hounds, and then began the long slow drive in the rain/sleet to get to Chat Patti, located somewhere Inside The Perimeter" near Druid Hills. Keep in mind that if the temp drops below 40 degrees and there is any precipitation, most drivers in the South freak. We saw no fewer than 4 wrecks on the interstate on the way into Atlanta, outbound was not so bad. Anyway, we got there a little early, walked around a very interesting Indian Import store, looked in the window of an Ethiopian restaurant we're gonna have to try one day, and then met A. for dinner. We really didn't know what to order, so we just ordered a lot. A. had an appetizer plate and some type of veggie pancake, Kim had a chat special (which was unbelievable), and some kinda pepper potato rice-ish bread thing and deep fried doughnut-like pepper. I had a Cheese Masala Dosa (HUGE crepe filled with cheese, potatoes, onions and spices, it was as long as Kim's arm) and an order do Dahi Sev Puri (fried flour crisp filled with fried flour noodles, potato, onions, split beans, spicy sauces and yogurt). Everything was delicious (Kim's pepper thing was the hottest pepper I've had in a while), but my favorite was Kim's chat special (spicy flour crisps topped w/deep fried rice and lentil doughnut & special ingredients). It had crazy flavor going on. Sweet, fruity, tangy, just things that should not work together, but through some kinda Indian cooking magic work perfectly. By the way, chat (or chaat) refers to a savory snack plate, typically served at road/rail side stalls and carts in India. Basically street food. I have a thing for street food. I love it. So of course I loved this place. Best Indian meal I've ever had? No. Really good? Yes.


My Dahi Sev Puri (Fried flour crisp filled with fried flour noodles, potato, onions, split beans, spicy sauces and yogurt). And no, I didn't eat it alone, we all shared.


Luckily I didn't eat much the rest of the day. Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal, morning star sausage pattie, a banana, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a small protein bar with peanut butter. Lunch was a NS chicken salad sandwich. Afternoon snack was the rest of the protein bar from earlier. Dinner was at Chat Patti (and did I mention how good it was?). Finally when we arrived back home last night I had one more bite of PB before heading to bed.


Kim's Deep Fried Hot Fingers. The hottest thing I've had in a while.

I had 1018 calories of NS food and protein bars before dinner yesterday. I'm gonna overestimate (I hope) and say I had a 2000 calorie Veggie Indian Extravaganza for dinner. So hopefully I didn't go over 3018 on the day.

BodyBugg Results For The Day
Calories Burned = 3675
Calories In =3018
Deficit =657

No where near my norm, but not bad for all of the veggie Indian goodness. All of this is based on me guessing the calories though, so who knows what I really took in.

Back to the gym tomorrow early and then off to a friend's house for NYE. Be safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment