Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sick, But Still Training (Day 108)

Since driving home from Myrtle Beach on Sunday I've felt, well, like warmed over dog poo. I have a sore throat all night and for an hour or so in the mornings. I'm having to take an allergy pill for some sorta bites/poison oak I've managed to get all over my arm & the pill is making me SO SLEEPY in the mornings. I didn't make it to the gym until around 2PM today. No training other than at the gym today either. The rains have returned to Georgia for a day or two so no walking of the hounds today. I did get a new app for my iPhone that I'm excited about. It uses the GPS function to track your hike/walk. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow morning or afternoon when I take one of the dogs for a walk. If it works I'll post a link to the map of the GPS track. I think it even calculates speed, avg. speed, time, distance, and elevation. Maybe it'll work.

I trained my back at the gym today. I began with 9 pull-ups (the last one was terrible, just awful). I then moved on to do 3 sets of hammer strength front pull downs, followed by 3 different hammer strength pull downs, then on to y-bar rows, and finally 3 sets of straight arm press downs. Cardio today was split 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after training. I did both sessions on the treadmill, speed 4.0, incline 13.0.

I had another "on" plan today. Breakfast was a bowl of berries and multigrain flakes, facon, and a slice of bread. My morning snack was a banana & yogurt blended smoothie. Lunch today was cheesy home-style potatoes & a Morning Star fake chick'n patty. My afternoon snack was a NS golden pound cake. Before dinner I had a couple of bites of a protein bar that I subbed as my after dinner dessert. Dinner was veggie fajitas, served on 45 calorie/slice bread, veggie chorrizo, a salad, and one serving of cauliflower with cheese sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment