Sunday, December 27, 2009

4 Feasts In 3 Days & Any Recommendations On A Spinning Bike

Since Xmas eve Kim and I have attended 4 feasts in 3 days. I did begin my return to NS and the gym yesterday. I had NS breakfast and lunch yesterday along with about an hour and a half of treadmill work before our final Xmas dinner. So I've had a break from NS and now I feel recharged, stuffed, bloated, and ready to return to the lovely normality of NS foods. Here is a photo of our Turducken. It was a hit.



Kim and I got a Wii for Xmas and it's been kicking our asses. We're both sore in stupid places (fore arms, shoulders, back) from playing tennis, boxing, bowling, baseball, and golf. We also got the Wii Fit game and we've both discovered we have TERRIBLE balance. the fit game uses BMI to help determine your health and unfortunately makes your avatar (Mii) look like the BMI determination. So my Mii went from a nice looking avatar of me to a hugely bloated, swelled, fat, short, former version of me. Funny. BMI is a useless number, IMHO.

I also got a bodybugg for Xmas. I've been wearing it for about a day and a half now. I can't wait to see the results after a couple of my workouts and cardio sessions. It'll be great to have a better, more accurate idea of how many calories I'm burning daily. I'll post more info on it as I use it some more.

We're considering getting a spinning bike for the house. Lots of evening (or mornings) I would like to do some cardio before hitting the gym, or after dinner, or whatever. Anyone have any recommendations as to a particular brand or model. Our local gym doesn't offer spinning classes, so I'm really unfamiliar with what to look for in a model.

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday. Below is a slide show of pics from some of our Xmas feasts.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand what a turducken is.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing! A Turducken is a TURkey, stuffed with a DUCK, and that duck has been stuffed with a chicKEN = TurDucKen. It's boneless (except for the legs and wings, and this particular bird also had seafood jambalaya stuffing as well. I don't think we ever actually ate it all.

    ReplyDelete