Monday, December 28, 2009

Cardio Sunday

First a little house keeping for the blog. All of my posts from here on out will be one day behind. So Sunday's post will go up on Monday, etc. The exception will be a brief Weigh In post each Monday Morning. This way I can add the data from the BodyBugg to each post (I plug it in each morning after I wake up).

Sunday was a cardio filled afternoon for me. Jumping Jack Flash and I took a 2+ mile walk just after lunch. I met my old training partner at the gym for some cardio work a little later. I began with 5 minutes of warm up walking before starting his 5's program. I started my portion of the 5's running at 5mph for 5 minutes, then 6mph for 5 minutes, then as I hit the 7mph increase I accidentally hit the kill switch on the treadmill and had to reset the damn thing. Once I had it running again I did 7mph for 2.5 minutes, then backed it off for 2 minutes before pushing back to 7 for 2.5 more minutes. By this point DJ was going around 8mph (he started @ 6mph) and nearly finished. I continued my interval work bouncing between 7 and 4mph until I had a total of 30 minutes knocked out. DJ split at this point and I reset the treadmill for an incline of 14.2 and speed of 4.2. 30 minutes at this intensity and then I moved on to the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes, and then finally 15 minutes on the bike. On the day I had around 2 hours of good cardio. The BB reported that I had burned 3996 calories during the day and taken around 17,000+ steps. I'm excited to see what it picks up during my workouts this week.

It was wonderful to be back fully on NS foods after the debauchery that was the last few days. Breakfast was a cinnamon bun, a banana, facon, and a slice of bread. Lunch was pasta with beef and a fake chicken patty. My afternoon snack was a fudge brownie. Dinner was an open faced sloppy joe, another fake chicken patty, broccoli with cheese sauce, & a couple of olives. Dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie. My morning dairy/protein I have started pushing until later in the day was some blue & brie cheese. On the day I took in just under 1500 calories (and didn't get hungry!)

I ended up with quite a calorie deficit on the day. Roughly 2500 calories. I had estimated something close to that, but I'm loving the feedback from the BB so far. I've ordered a digital display, watch looking thing to wear so that I'll have instant feedback & not have to wait until the next time I download to the computer to see how many calories I've burned. Still haven't made up my mind on a spinning bike. Part of the time I think I'd love having one so I could do an extra 30 minutes in the morning or in the evenings, and part of the time I think it's stupid to consider getting one. I only live about 2 miles from the gym. Who knows what I'll do. Maybe Kim will talk some sense into me & I won't buy one.

I did weigh in this morning (Monday). I'm hovering right around where I was last week. So I might have gained .3 pounds or so over Xmas. Outstanding. I was expecting something like a 10 pound increase!

Hopefully pics will return to the blog tomorrow. Some of my gear is still in the car from shooting Xmas dinners. Maybe I'll get it out and get setup sometime today (not looking good for breakfast though!).

No comments:

Post a Comment