Saturday, September 19, 2009

Another Leg Day (Day 33)

I was so tired last night I feel asleep before I could type up my post, so this is for yesterday (Friday).

Friday is leg day at the gym for me. I got a late start because overnight it seems everyone I know business wise created a stack of bookwork for me to do. So I was able to eat breakfast and my first snack before arriving at the gym. I warmed up on the bike for few minutes and then I was ready to begin. My mother decided not to train with me (it was leg day & she didn't want to feel like death all weekend) so I had to go it alone. I started at 12:03 and finished at 1:06. So in 63 minutes I completed 21 total sets. So that averages a set every 3 minutes. Considering I had to load/unload all of the weights, recover after each set, & actually do a set, I thought that pace was decent. If I can find 2 good training partners that's how I prefer to train. It seems like you have the perfect pace with 3 people training. One person resting, one spotting, and one training. After a set you rotate and continue immediately. But right now I've got only myself to train with so I have to guess at the pace.

I started with 3 sets of hack squats (last set was 279 + the sled for ~10 reps), followed by 3 sets of true squats (all sets were 15 reps @ 270 + the rack), next was 3 sets of leg presses (~ 550 for 20 reps each set), then on to leg extensions for 3 sets. I moved on to hamstrings next by doing 3 sets of leg curls, 3 sets of standing leg curls, and 3 sets of hyper-extensions. I didn't get sick today, but I did kinda see stars after each of the last 3 sets. I thought the gym was turning down the volume of the music for a second then I realized my hearing was fading because I was about to black out. That's a good signal to have a seat. Also a great signal of a good workout. Can't wait until next Friday and another leg workout! My only cardio workout yesterday was Kim & my usual 2 mile walk around the lake with Jumping Jack Flash. I've gotta post some photos of our dogs and the lake we walk around soon.

For breakfast I had berries and multigrain flakes with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack was yogurt with a banana. Lunch was fettuccine alfredo, a salad with peppers & spinach, and broccoli with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was nacho crisps. Dinner was lasagna, a salad with spinach & olives & peppers, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Dessert last night was a warm chocolate chip cookie.

Hope every has a great weekend. GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment