Saturday, September 12, 2009

Octopus! (Day 27)


Tonight I ate my first non NS meal in a month. I did forget my afternoon snack a few weeks ago and had to eat a mini taco, but this was the first planned meal off the program. Our meal? Grilled Octopus, mushrooms, broccoli rabe, and a small salad with olives. We weighed each serving of octopus (3 oz each) of which I had 2. Each serving has 70 calories, almost no fat, & over 12 grams of protein. My total meal was less than 300 calories. This is how I want to eat after NS. Good food, sensible portions. Octopus is a real treat for us. The nearest place we can get it is in Atlanta, so that's an hour drive there and another hour back. Luckily Kim wanted to go to the Buford Hwy Farmers Market today while I watched football. She came home with the octopus and about 5 pounds of Monk Fish!

For breakfast today I had lowfat granola cereal, facon, multigrain bread, and a banana. My morning snack was yogurt with a banana. Lunch today was a chocolate peanut butter bar and a fake chicken veggie patty. Afternoon snack was again jello pudding (2 servings). Dinner was the Octopus feast. My dessert tonight was a peanut butter cookie.


The only cardio I did today was about a 2 mile walk with Kim and two of our hounds. I'll have to get to the gym tomorrow to train calves and get in another good cardio session.

GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment