Thursday, September 3, 2009

Taco Encounter (Day 18)


Today I had my first non NS meal since I started. I forgot to pack my morning snack and didn't realize it until I arrived at a job site 30 miles from home. I thought about skipping the snack all together, but late in the afternoon I was hungry so I went to a nearby taco stand. I had 1 carnitas (pork) taco. It was very small with only a few small pieces of meat, along with cilantro, onions, radishes, and a little slice of carrot on the side. Before starting the program I would have ordered at least 4 tacos, a burrito, and maybe a plate of carne asada. So I was very pleased that I only ordered a single taco. Quite an accomplishment for me. Oh, the taco was outstanding.

I trained biceps and triceps at the gym this morning. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, 3 sets of rope press downs for my triceps. For biceps I started with 3 sets of seated incline curls, followed by 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls, finishing up with 3 sets of rope curls. Cardio at the gym was my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill at incline 11.5 and speed of 3.5. I walked up and down stairs and worked for about 4 1/2 hours this afternoon, so I'm sure I got a little workout in all that. My final cardio of the day was a walk around the lake for about 30 minutes.

My meals today began with a new type of NS cereal, the cluster crunch cereal, along with 3 egg whites, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. I liked the new cereal as much as all of the others (guess I like cereal). Morning snack of yogurt and grapes as usual. Lunch today was bean and ham soup (NS), broccoli & cheese sauce, and creamed spinach. My afternoon snack was the carnitas taco. For dinner I had the wedged potatoes with beef steak (NS), creamed spinach, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. I left out one of the veggies since I had some veggies on the taco earlier as well as leaving out my fat serving with dinner since I'm sure the carnitas had a little fat in meat. For my dessert I had the delicious white cholocate chunk cookie (NS).

I think I had a good day, taco and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment