Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 34

Any time I see a commercial for food or read about a new restaurant I have one of two reactions. The first is something like , "I'd kill a man for some of that nasty Popeyes Chicken." My other reaction is thinking how sick I'd be if I did eat any of the crap that I see advertised on TV. I get to test myself concerning real food next weekend. We will be out with friends and I'll be expected to eat REAL food at a restaurant. I'd already thought of bringing my meals with me and eating alone in the hotel room, but I think this will be a good test of my new self control and ability to eat small meals and make good food decisions (plus Kim frowned at me while I was thinking aloud about the logistics of eating my meals before joining everyone for dinner). I will be taking my food for all other meals & I'm sure I'll pack a dinner as well in case something goes wrong (read I chicken out on the restaurant and hide in the hotel room with my NS).

I've made it through three weeks of college football season without having a pizza. This may not sound like much, but it's a major accomplishment. Traditionally I'd have at least a pizza on Saturday and sometimes one on Sunday too. I'd justify it because it would be about the only thing I'd eat each day and it had less than 2000 calories in it (Tombstone Pepperoni Pizza). Tonight I had a NS pizza with some turkey pepperoni. It filled the void nicely.

Again I had a good food day. For breakfast this morning I had lowfat granola cereal with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt and a banana. Lunch today was Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce, a salad with peppers, and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Today's afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. I love those, they remind me of a real candy bar. Dinner tonight was a sourdough pizza with turkey pepperoni, a salad with peppers & olives, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert this evening was a peanut butter cookie.

I trained calves at the gym today. 3 sets of standing calf raises and 3 sets of seated calf raises. Cardio today was 33 minutes on the treadmill followed by 10 minutes on the bicycle. No walk tonight because it has been raining for days here. Maybe we'll get a walk in tomorrow.

I've spent the rest of the day watching football. Georgia forgot to bring their defense on the trip with them to Arkansas. Thank goodness they scored 52 points. (When did the SEC turn into the WAC?)

No comments:

Post a Comment