Thursday, September 17, 2009

Exhausted (Day 32)


Exhausted. That's how I feel. I had an extended workout (I trained arms today) and increased the intensity of my cardio today and I've felt worn out all day. What's sad is that I have to train legs on Friday. I fell asleep in my car at a job site this afternoon. It was only for a few minutes, but I didn't intend to. Guess I'll sleep well tonight.

I have been accidentally adding exercises to my workouts over the past few weeks but today I planned to add a few extra sets to my triceps routine. I did 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, 3 sets of rope press downs, and 3 sets of machine (weighted) dips. For biceps I did 3 sets of incline curls, 3 sets of hammer strength preacher curls, and 3 sets of cable curl 21's (7 reps from the bottom to midway, 7 from midway to top, and 7 reps full reps each set). Cardio was the treadmill on incline 12, speed 3.7, for 33 minutes. Cardio again this evening was our usual 2 mile walk around the lake. We had to hoof it tonight to beat the approaching rain (still not here 4 hours later).

I had a great food day while getting to try one of the new items I ordered. For breakfast I had the low-fat granola cereal with raspberries, facon, a slice of multigrain bread, and a cup of coffee. Morning snack today was grapes and yogurt (obviously I love my yogurt). Lunch today was my first taste of the red beans and rice with sausage (NS), a salad with peppers, and a serving of creamed spinach. The beans and rice with sausage was good. I didn't think I was back in New Orleans or anything, but good (I did hit it with some hot sauce). For my afternoon snack I tried another new item, the Cheese Puffs (NS). Again they were good, and actually got better the more I ate of them. Not to be confused with a real Cheese Poof, but OK. Dinner this evening was macaroni and cheese with beef, a salad with olives, creamed spinach, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert was another newbie, chocolate cake. Pretty good. I warmed it up and it was very nice.

Leg workout in the morning. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment