Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chili and the thought of a Krystal (Day 23)


I got a new toy today. I ordered a softbox to use when I shoot (photos) a wedding next week and it arrived today. So I'll get to test it out over the next week or so on all of my food photos! I don't think there will be any noticeable differences in the food pics from before, but I'm very happy with it so far. I used it in the photo of the chili in today's post.

My mother joined in my workout this morning so I was able to train just a little heavier than usual with her spotting me. We trained shoulders. We started with 3 sets of military presses, followed by 3 sets of side lateral raises. Next up was 3 sets of upright rows, then 3 sets of rear delts. At this point mom returned to the treadmill but I still had to do shoulder shrugs. 3 quick sets and I was finished and off to the treadmill as well. I again did my usual cardio workout of 30 minutes, incline 11.5, speed 3.5. Hopefully Kim and I will get to walk this evening, but quite a few thunderstorms have rolled through North Georgia this afternoon and it's not looking good.


For breakfast this morning I had berries & multigrain flakes (NS & yum!), along with a banana, a slice of multigrain bread, and 2 slices of facon (yes, fake bacon). Morning snack was slightly different this morning, yogurt & a banana (crazy not eating grapes, I know). Lunch today was chicken noodle soup (NS and good with a little Cholula), & 2 servings of mixed greens. My afternoon snack was the zesty herb snack mix (NS, yawn, I'm kinda sick of it). Dinner tonight was a treat. I started with a salad with peppers and olives, mixed greens, and cauliflower with cheese sauce. For my entree I had chili with beans (NS) with a dash of 2% cheese and a slice of multigrain bread. I added some Cholula again to spice it up and I loved it. I really don't know if it was actually good or not since I haven't had any real chili in a long time. I used to love chili. On hot dogs, omelets, burgers, even as a dipping sauce for the nastiest food in the world, Krystals. The NS chili seemed to taste great, but after 23 days without any non NS entrees, I could be NS Crazy. My dessert this evening was the fudge brownie (NS). The first time I had the brownie I liked it, but wasn't crazy about it. Now (again 3 + weeks in) I love it. I heated it up to make it warm and gooey.

I'm really looking forward to my next order arriving, because most of the things I have left are either the things I was afraid to try (Split Pea Soup) or things I hate (pretzels) or things I've enjoyed and held out for later (pizza, burger, meatloaf). Next order has much more sweets and
no pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment