Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tired, Running in Circles (Day 37)

It seems like last night and most of today I've been running back and forth to a job site, not accomplishing much. Last night we received one of those lovely phone calls from a tenant informing us she had no water. I told her to call the utility company and they would send their on call worker out to turn it back on (we live in a different town from the property, so I was trying hard to not drive there last night). Later she called back saying the utility company refused since they didn't turn off the water (one of our subs did, by mistake...) so my father and I loaded up and headed out into the floods of North Georgia to fix the problem. It was a funny experience and you can read about it on my other blog here. Today I've been running around sending submittals, trying to chase down a transfer truck to pick up a delivery (to no avail), and then returning to the job site to find it deserted. I wanted to find our friend who works for us and both of us go to fix a leaky roof. As I drove around looking for him I get a call telling me his wife will take him home, so I give up and dive 30 miles back home to continue my search for the delivery truck (still no luck). At least I remembered my snack today.

I did have a good workout this morning before my running in circles began. I trained shoulders (and traps) today. I began with 3 sets of shoulder presses, followed by 3 sets of side lateral raises, next up was 3 sets of front barbell raises, then 3 sets of rear delts. I trained traps by doing 3 sets of heavy shoulder shrugs, followed by 3 sets of light shrugs. Cardio today was 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12, speed 3.8. I received some very nice compliments while at the gym today. I ran into my insurance agent who commented on my weight loss. He was very nice and supportive. I'll have to keep doing business with him. Kim and I were finally able to resume our evening walks tonight. The rains have halted for the moment & we walked Jumping Jack Flash for about 2 miles around the lake. On days when we walk at night I'm totaling about 4 miles for the day and well over an hour of cardio for the day.

My eating today has been easy as usual. I'm so pleased that I don't have cravings, or other problems concerning eating. For breakfast I had lowfat granola cereal with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack today was yogurt and grapes. Lunch today was a salad with peppers & spinach, and a chicken salad sandwich with TWO slice of multigrain bread. It was delicious. I did add a little mustard and Cholula to it. My afternoon snack was the NS chocolate cake. I had to eat it at room temp today at the job site whereas I usually heat it up in the microwave a little. Still good. So much better than the pretzels! For dinner this even Kim and I had vegetable fajitas with soy chorizo added in. I also had a salad with peppers and cholula, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. I omitted my carb and fat from the meal due to the tortillia we ate as part of the fajita. The dinner was big and a little more calories than usual, but only by about 30 or so. Dessert this evening was a chocolate chip cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment