Friday, September 25, 2009

Nightmare (Day 39)


Again, I was exhausted last night and didn't get to post until this morning. So this is for Thursday, September 24th 2009.

Crazy day. We spent the day trying to get everything ready for our friends' wedding we were hosting at our lake last evening. The weather cooperated beautifully and the wedding went off wonderfully, almost. I spent the majority of the day (after the gym) trying to fix an unbelieviably flat tire on our tractor (so we could continue bush hogging the area near the wedding site. Wasted 4 hours on that. I did finally get the tractor moved back to the barn and out of the way. I guess if the only causalty involved with this wedding was a tractor tire then it was a complete success. So the guests arrive, I have all of my camera and lights set up ready to shoot, and the wedding begins. Just as the couple begin to say their I do's, both batteries in my main camera fail. I should add a little info here. I'm a pretty good photographer when it comes to pictures of food, sunsets, night photography, macro (little things like a bee or wasp taken at larger than life size), cats, dogs, still life, you get the picture. Any thing except humans. I never get to shoot other people, especially not in a fast paced, can't miss situation. So back to the wedding and my main camera failing. Just as the couple lean in for their first kiss, I drop my main camera and switch to my backup and just manage to get a few shots. What a NIGHTMARE. My main camera has never failed before, not once, and it picks the most opportune time to do so. I know my luck so I not only had a backup, but a backup to the backup. Yes, I was shooting with 3 cameras. Murphy's law applies doubly to me. Anyway, for the rest of the evening I was a wreck trying to shoot portraits of the newly weds and their families.

Back to the point of this blog, exercise and NS. I trained arms today. 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead extensions, 3 sets of rope press downs for triceps. Bicep workout consisted of 3 sets of barbell curls & 3 sets of hammer strength preacher curls. Cardio was 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12, speed 3.8.

I managed to follow the NS plan until dinner. Breakfast was blueberry muffins, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack of yogurt and a banana. Lunch was a salad with spinach, and pasta with beef. My afternoon snack was an oatmeal raisin cookie. Dinner was complicated. We met the newly weds and friends at the only restaurant still open in our little cow town, Long Horns. I'm not really a fan of chain restaurants (I do love Houston's) so maybe I'm a little biased. Anyway, I've never ordered a salad as an entre' before so I had no idea that LH's didn't have an extensive salad menu. So I ended up ordering a bowl of romaine lettuce with zuchini and a small amount of diced tomatoes (actually Kim ordered this and I just said I'll have the same). We also ordered a piece of salmon to share along with some steamed veggies. The salad arrived with cheese which I removed (Kim's had croutons as well which she removed) and then added my own FF Cesar dressing we brought with us. I tried one bite of the salmon. It had no taste (and was severely over cooked, however, I prefer my fish mostly raw). So my first meal in a restaurant was a bowl of lettuce, more or less. Once back home I had a bowl of macaroni and cheese with beef. This is now one of my favorite meals from NS. I was to tired to stay up and eat a dessert. I don't think I took in enough calories.

Back at it Friday. Gotta train legs, repair a roof at one of our commercial properties, and then out of town for the weekend to shoot some more pics of the newly weds. Hope everyone has a good weekend & good luck to all of the Columbus Day challengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment