Friday, September 11, 2009

Horrendous Leg Workout (Day 26)


Friday. Leg day. It was a horrendous (wonderful), grueling (exhilarating) workout. I added an extra exercise to the workout today bringing the total sets to 18. I started with 3 sets of hack squats, 3 sets of squats, 3 sets of leg presses, and 3 sets of extensions for quads. For hams I did 3 sets of leg curls followed by 3 sets of hyper-extensions. I was so tired and spent by the end of the workout I couldn't do my cardio at the gym. I tried, but my knees kept buckling. Once I returned home I felt cold and sick. My Pug curled up with me on the sofa for a few minutes and helped me to get to feeling a little bit better. The chicken noodle soup I had for lunch helped out a good bit as well. This evening after I got home Kim and I walked Jumping Jack Flash Gordon around the lake for about 1/2 an hour. At least I was able to get one cardio session in today. I'm afraid I'm gonna be silly sore tomorrow and worse on Sunday from my leg workout.



My first meal of the day was maple brown sugar oatmeal with facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. This morning's snack was yogurt and a banana. Lunch was chicken noodle soup, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was pudding. One chocolate and one caramel vanilla. For dinner this evening I tried one of Kim's vegetarian meals. I had the cheese ravioli with basil tomato sauce which was very tasty, broccoli with cheese sauce, a salad with peppers and olives, a slice of multigrain bread, and a nectarine. The nectarine was delightful. I'll have to add it as my fruit more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment