Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pull Ups


Today I added a something to my back workout that has been missing for years. I began the workout with a set of pull ups. It was a pathetic set of 4 reps, but they were good full extension at the bottom honest to goodness pull ups. Next week I'll get 5 (maybe). I used to start with 3 sets of pull ups. The first set would be about 15 reps, the second between 11-12, and the third would be at least 8 or so. That's a good goal, get back to doing 3 sets of pull ups. After my pull ups today I did 3 sets of lat pull downs, 3 sets of hammer strength low rows, 3 sets of seated rows, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs. Cardio at the gym was 30 minutes on the treadmill, incline 11.5, speed of 3.6. Tonight Kim and I walked one of the dogs around the lake for about 30 minutes as my final cardio event of the day.


For breakfast I had the cluster crunch cereal, a banana, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack of yogurt and grapes. Lunch today was black bean tortilla soup, and 2 servings of cauliflower with cheese sauce. Afternoon snack today was sugar free chocolate jello pudding. Dinner this evening was mashed potatoes with meatloaf and tomato sauce, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, 5 olives, a plum, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert tonight of double chocolate almond cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment