Saturday, September 5, 2009

Passed a Pizza Test (Saturday, Day 20)


Tonight I went to visit an old friend who was in town for the first time in years. There were no fewer than 4 large pizzas to be had. Kim had commented during the Georgia football game that it just didn't seem right that I didn't have a Tombstone pizza in the oven (my favorite football food), so pizza was already on my mind. I stuck to the plan and drank my water while visiting. Last month I'd have eaten at least one pizza.

I was only able to get a single cardio workout in today. Kim and I walked our Jack Russell (Jack) around the lake during a light rain. I didn't go to the gym for at all because I watched the Dawgs loose their season opener :( I also missed the second walking of the dogs during the visit with my old friends.

For breakfast I had low-fat granola cereal, raspberries, a slice of multi-grain bread, and egg whites. My morning snack was my usual yogurt and grapes, except this morning I tried a coconut cream yogurt instead of vanilla, which was nice for a change. Lunch was black bean tortilla soup, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Afternoon snack of honey mustard pretzels with a little wing sauce (have to have something in order to eat the pretzels). Dinner was a sourdough pizza with some turkey bacon (17 slices adds up to 70 calories & I used about 6-7 slices) and a dash of 2% cheese, 3 servings of broccoli and cheese sauce, 5 olives, and another slice of multi-grain bread. Dessert was a milk chocolatey delight bar.

I weigh in again on Labor day & I feel like I've had a good week. I did have to eat 1 snack off program during the week, so we'll see if a single small carnitas taco did me in or not. I kinda feel like I should be running around all day Sunday screaming and yelling, "Last Chance Workout!" or something. Sorry, guess I'm ready for the only reality show I've ever watched to come back on. If you don't watch "The Biggest Looser" you should give it a try. It does have the typical sucky parts of a reality show (the drama) but most of it is so sweet to see as people make the changes they thought they never could. I wish they didn't vote people off & they all could stay and train for the entire season. Guess that's why I'm not a TV exec. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I LOVE the Biggest Loser!! I am totally addicted and I think that it starts again soon!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and I started watching it last year. I think it starts next week.

    ReplyDelete