Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 16

I survived a lunch out with my family today. Everyone else ordered food, I had water (with a lemon). Luckily I had just had my NS lunch so I wasn't hungry. We sat outside (a rather cool day here in Georgia) and while everyone ate I sipped my water, enjoyed the weather, and watched my sister's baby try to grab and throw everything he could get close to (he was strapped into his seat so he wasn't very successful)

I trained shoulders today at the gym. 3 sets of military presses, 3 sets of lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, and 3 sets of rear delts. All that followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill (incline 11.5, speed 3.4). Finally this evening Kim and I walked around the lake with one of our dogs (Jumping Jack Flash Gordon County, our dog's name...don't ask).


The day began with blueberry muffins (NS), an apple, a slice of multigrain bread, and a glass of lowfat chocolate soy milk. This was my first taste of the muffins and I really enjoyed them. I'm not really a muffin kind of guy so I was surprised. My normal morning snack of yogurt and grapes followed. Lunch was a chocolate raspberry bar (NS), broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. I didn't love the raspberry bar. Probably won't order any more of those. My afternoon snack today was the zesty herb snack mix with a little hot sauce. Dinner this evening was my first try with macaroni & cheese (NS), along with 3 servings of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower in cheese sauce (amazingly I'm not sick of this stuff yet). The mac & cheese was great. Of course my judgment could be a little off since I haven't had anything other than the NS entrees for over 15 days, but I think I liked it anyway. Dessert was a peanut butter cookie. Heated it up for 20 seconds and it was warm, soft, and yummy.


Another good day. Looking forward to some more cooler weather here (it was 115 on a job site last week) and to the start of the college football season this weekend. Go Dawgs!





No comments:

Post a Comment