Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 30

I'm still waiting on my second order to arrive. I think it has made it to my state so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. I had a great shoulder workout today. My mother joined in the fun. We began using a different machine (someone was on our usual machine) and mom found it rather difficult. I ended up using the entire stack of weights on the machine except for the last set so I guess I found it a little difficult as well. Anyway, we did 3 sets of machine military presses, 3 sets of cable side lateral raises, 3 sets of dumbbell front raises, and 3 sets of rear delts. Mom bailed at this point but I still had a little more to go. 3 sets of heavy shoulder shrugs, but also doing a set of light shrugs following each set. So really I did a total of 18 sets for shoulders today. Following the workout I did my usual 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill (incline 11.5, speed 3.6). Again late this evening Kim and I walked about 2 miles around the lake before the evening storms arrived.

I had a good food day today. Started with nutriflakes with fresh raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. The usual morning snack of yogurt and grapes. Lunch was delicious today. I had a salad with peppers and Cholula hot sauce as a dressing, broccoli with cheese sauce, and hearty minestrone soup with a little Cholula. I had to pack my afternoon snack to take with me to a job site. So I grabbed a cooler and threw in my 2 sugar free jello puddings. Dinner tonight was rotini with meatballs and tomato sauce, a salad with olives & peppers & Cholula, 2 servings of cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. I'm loving the Cholula on salads now. Dessert tonight was great too. I had the oatmeal rasin cookie served warm!

We watched The Biggest Looser tonight. I hate that they have to send anybody home. I think it would be so much better if they all could stay and train for the entire season. They could compete each week for prizes instead of immunity. Anyway, we enjoyed it and hopefully I can use it for extra motivation if I run into a bad week at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment