Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Have A Bear In My House (Day 31)

My second month of food from Nutrisystem arrived today. Oddly enough this month's bacon of the month club delivery of bacon was setting on top of the NS box on the front porch when I got home this evening. The NS food went into the cabinets, bacon to the freezer. All of the foods I ordered arrived along with some things I never wanted to see again, like pretzels, lemon blueberry bars, and cranberry orange pastries. Yuck. I'm considering boxing all of the stuff I don't want and sending it back and try to get some different snacks.

I also got a little friend in the box too. He is purple & wears #20. I never thought I'd be so happy to see a stuffed animal (other than Domo). He has taken up residence on the mantle in our living room just beside Domo. I didn't get a 10 pound bear. I guess because I lost more than 20 in the first month I only get the 20 pound bear. Happy to miss the 10 pound bear and go straight to the 20.

I trained back today at the gym. This week I added one more pull up like I'd planned, bringing my pull up set to a whopping total of 5 reps. Hope to get six next Wednesday. After my weak pull up set I did 3 sets of lat pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs, 3 sets of seated low rows, and 3 sets of straight arm press downs. 16 total sets in my workout today. For my treadmill work I increased the incline to 11.8 and speed of 3.6 for 32 minutes. Kim and I were not able to walk this evening due to all of the rain we had today.

For breakfast this morning I had blueberry muffins, strawberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. I'm loving the new bread I've found. Sara Lee Lite Multigrain Bread. It only has 45 calories per slice. My morning snack was more strawberries and yogurt. Lunch today was black beans and rice, cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a very peaceful cup of vanilla caramel tea with the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Biscotti. Dinner this evening was Stroganoff Sauce with Beef and Noodles, a watercress salad with a single strip of facon and a dash of fat free Caesar, olives, multigrain bread, and creamed spinach. Loved it. Dessert tonight was something new, the Golden Pound Cake. I heated it up and devoured it. Not to be confused with a real cream cheese pound cake, but a treat none the less.

Arm workout tomorrow and then LEG day again on Friday. Today is the first day I'm not sore from last week's leg workout. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment