Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 17

Tonight I found myself at the grocery store around 9PM. Typically if I was at the store this late it was because I freaked out & absolutely had to have some Krispy Kreme's or maybe some Phish Food. Tonight I bought 3 different types of frozen vegetables and a loaf of low fat, low calorie multigrain bread. What a difference 17 days makes.

I managed to work out and get in my first round of cardio this morning before heading to a job site just after lunch. I trained my back at the gym, doing 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of iso-low-rows, 3 sets of seated rows, and 3 sets of straight arm push downs. Cardio at the gym was on the treadmill for 30 minutes, incline 11.5, speed 3.5. After dinner this evening Kim and I enjoyed our nightly walk around the lake.

Today's food added up to just a little over 1500 calories. Maybe I should drop my 1oz of bacon for a while. For breakfast I had low fat granola cereal (NS), a banana, a slice of bacon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning (after my workout today) snack of yogurt and grapes. Lunch today was pasta with beef (NS), broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack of BBQ soy chips were enjoyed on the aforementioned job site late in the afternoon. Dinner tonight was my first experience with the thick crust pizza (NS), along with a salad with olives and peppers and a few slices of turkey pepperoni, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of bread. I added some low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni to the pizza and it was great. Well, at least I thought so. Kim tried a bite (less the pepperoni) and gave me a frown before saying, "I'm glad you like it."

I've noticed quite a few people on the NS blogs having trouble consuming all of their water. I've got the exact opposite problem. I'm thirsty all day long. I think for the day I'm gonna total over 120 oz. This is where I use my free calories/food. Most of my water is mixed with crystal light. This adds up to about an extra 100 calories a day.

3 comments:

  1. How is Kim liking the food in general? I have to admit that I am a little surprised by how much you seem to like everything!! Just wondering if she feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim is not as crazy about the food as I am. She doesn't eat meat so all of her meals have been either pasta or bean type dishes. I may not be the best person to judge the quality of the food since I tend to like most food. That's probably why I need Nutrisystem to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yeah, I don't think that I would like it at all. I am a bit of a picky eater and definitely prefer fresh to boxed. I just have heard people either really like it or hate it and was just curious which camp Kim fell into since you obviously love them :-) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete