Friday, October 9, 2009

2 Days in 1 Post (Days 53 & 54)

2 days in one post. I was to busy yesterday and then to tired last night to post anything, so I'm combining Thursday and Friday into one big post. Unfortunately nothing exciting to post outside of the normal eat, sleep, train, work routine. The most important thing is that I'm still rocking along on the NS plan. I'm still highly motivated, and other than the two days earlier this week when I was tired, I've had nothing but an outstanding, productive experience on the plan. On to my past two days.

Training first:

Thursday is arm day at the gym. I switched things up this week and began the workout with biceps. 3 sets of straight bar curls, 3 sets of preacher curls, and finally 3 sets of incline dumbbell curls. Triceps workout began with 3 sets of overhead presses, then 3 sets of press downs, and finishing up with 3 sets of rope pull downs. Quick easy workout. Cardio at the gym was 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12.5, speed 3.8. Once home for the day Jumping Jack Flash and I took a "photo" walk around the lake. This walk was a little slower than the walk we usually take when Kim sets the pace. I was able to stop and take a few photos of some of the wild flowers around the lake. Once Kim arrived home from work she, Jack, Daisy and I walked again.

Friday is my leg day. I tried to recruit a training partner on Facebook this morning, but I didn't have any takers. I warmed up on the bike for 5 minutes and made my way to the back corner of the gym where most of the leg equipment is stationed. Continuing my goal of changing up my workouts this week I began with 3 sets of leg presses (20 reps), followed by 3 sets of true squats (again 20 reps). Next up was the hack squat machine for 3 sets (15 reps), and finally finishing up quads with 3 sets of leg extensions. Hamstrings started with 3 sets of standing leg curls, then 3 sets of hyper-extensions, finishing up with 3 sets of seated leg curls. 21 sets in 47 minutes. 7 hours later and I'm already wrecked. This evening we're gonna walk some of the hounds before dinner.

Meals:

Thursday I had a chocolate chip scone, facon, banana, and a slice of whole wheat bread. I prepared the scone in a toaster oven instead of the microwave today and it was WONDERFUL. So much better than before. Heated it up and then gave it a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Wow. Morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch was a salad, cauliflower and cheese sauce, and a chicken salad sandwich. Afternoon snack was the NS golden pound cake. Dinner was a huge salad full of spinach, onions, celery, cucumbers, radishes and olives. The rest of my meal was mashed potatoes and meat loaf, broccoli and cheese sauce, and a slice of whole wheat bread. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie served warm!

Friday began with the exact same meas as Thursday (because I loved the toasted scone so much). My morning snack was a banana and yogurt. Lunch was the same as Thursday too! I've been using a banana pepper mustard on the sandwich and I'm now afraid of what's gonna happen when we run out of the mustard (I found it in a little store 3 hours away, maybe they'll ship me some). My afternoon snack was a NS fudge brownie. Dinner tonight I had vegetable fajitas with soy chorizo, a salad, and a cactus leaf (I guess it's a leaf). Fajita was great as usual, and the cactus was something different and good (I did put some cholula on it). I'd be willing to bet Kim and I were the only two people on NS who had cactus as a vegetable today. For dessert tonight I had a white chocolate chunk cookie served warm (again).

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. GO DAWGS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment