Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Start of Week 10 (Day 64)

I fell asleep watching MNF last night and didn't get my daily post in. So this is for yesterday, Monday, October 19th, 2009.

After weighing in (down 6.1 for last week, 48 lost on plan so far down to 227) I made breakfast and headed off to the gym to train with my mom. She was running a little bit late so I started out with 15 minutes of HIIT cardio. She arrived just as I finished and we started our chest workout. Sorta easy workout since she has missed a good bit in the last two weeks. 3 sets of incline, 3 sets of decline, and finally 3 sets of machine flies. Back to cardio afterward. 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12.7, speed 3.8. My final cardio event of the day was a 2 mile walk with Jumping Jack Flash. 1/2 way through the walk I heard him go bananas barking and turned to see two baby rabbits racing across the dam we were walking on. They ran directly at me until they were about 15' away and then made a hard left turn and vanished into the woods. Jack chased for a bit, but he caught up with me before I reached home. He looked very pleased with himself! Kim was unable to walk with us last night because she had to work late at her terrible, horrible, despicable job. Boo, bad job, bad job.

After the gym I spent the rest of the day either driving back and forth between my house and my parents house, working on my computers (still), and moving my mom's treadmill from one room in their house to another. Computers are still frustrating me, but I did get the treadmill moved, set up, adjusted, and running like new. I told mom the treadmill would have to die in the UPSTAIRS room we moved it to 'cause I am finished with moving it.



I had a 100% on plan day, again. Breakfast was maple brown sugar oatmeal, raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt and a banana. Lunch was pasta with beef, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese. My afternoon snack (which mom tried a small bite of & actually liked) was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner started with an arugula and spinach salad (add onions, hicima, olives). I've found a new love, arugula. How have I been missing out on this for so long (cue Kim saying "I told you so", she wouldn't do that, much)? The rest of dinner was chili with beans over a slice of multigrain bread, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. Dinner was a white chocolate chunk cookie.

The only other things I got accomplished for the day were preparing some deposits for the bank (without a working accounting program), buying a new wireless mouse and keyboard for our living room computer that supposedly has a 30' transmission range (it does not, maybe 10' accurate, beyond that it picks up every other letter typed and the mouse jumps all over the screen). But the best thing I found on the day was some very inexpensive earphones which came with foam ear pads. I bought two pair just for the ear pads. I need to find somewhere online that just sells the ear pads so I can quite buying the POS earphones. And........ I just found a site online where I can buy them in bulk for 90% less than I pay for two (that come with the crappy earphones).

Tomorrow our new sofa arrives (most of it anyway, I think one piece and an ottoman are on back order for a bit longer) so we get to move the old sofa & love seat out of the way and prepare for the new. If all works out and looks good maybe I'll post a photo or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment