Saturday, October 3, 2009

Leg Day (Day 47)

Friday is of course leg day for me at the gym. I had a good bit of work to do before I made it to the gym, so I was able to have breakfast and my morning snack before training. My goal this week was to use the same amount of weight as my typical workouts, but increase my reps to a minimum of 15 reps per set. Eventually I want to get back to doing sets of 20 reps with the same (relatively) heavy weight. I'm true squatting around 270 plus the weight of the machine and I was able to get 20 reps the first set and 15 reps each of the following two sets. I leg pressed around 640 pounds for 3 sets of 15 reps. The rest of the workout was fairly easy, 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of standing leg curls, 3 sets of seated leg curls, and 3 sets of weighted hyper-extensions. Next week I'll try to get every set up to the 20 rep mark. The only cardio I do on leg days is an evening walk with one of the hounds. Kim was late getting home last night, so the Pug and I walked. Belle (the Pug) ran through every mud puddle we came across. She was delighted with herself.

I had another 100% on plan day. I began with some lowfat granola cereal, raspberries, facon, and a slice of whole wheat bread for breakfast. My morning snack was yogurt with 1/2 a banana. Lunch was a spinach salad with peppers, broccoli with cheese sauce, and fettuccine alfredo. My afternoon snack was warm chocolate fudge cake. Dinner was beef and noodles with teryaki, 3 servings of broccoli and cheese sauce, and a slice of whole wheat bread. Dessert was a fudge brownie.

Looking forward to a relaxing, 100% on plan weekend. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Go DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment