Monday, October 26, 2009

Start of Week 11 (Day 71)

After weighing in this morning (I lost 3.5#'s this week for a total of 51.5#'s lost so far) I made my way to the gym for my morning workout. Before training chest I knocked out 15 minutes of HIIT cardio on the treadmill. Today I increased my speed a little and instead of walking 1 minute/jogging 1 minute I walked 1 minute/jogged 2 minutes. After the cardio I began my chest workout & I was already tired. Today I noticed I felt a little weak during my warm-up set so I decided to train a little lighter and concentrate on an exagurated squeeze of the muscles and increasing my reps a little. I began with 3 sets of incline presses, then 3 sets of decline presses, followed by 3 sets of seated machine presses, and finally 3 sets of machine flies. I next made my way back to the treadmill for 30 more minutes of incline 12.8, speed 3.9. While on the treadmill my old workout partner put in an appearance. We're gonna try to train tomorrow and pick back up a regular morning workout. Killer! Late this evening Kim, Jumping Jack Flash & I walked our usual 2 mile route around the lake. We were lucky, it started raining on us 1/2 way through, but the rain held off and we made it home dry, but cool.

I had a great "on" plan day today. For breakfast I had a apple strudel scone, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was 2 small (tiny) nectarines and a yogurt. Lunch today was 2 servings of broccoli with cheese sauce and vegetable beef soup. My afternoon snack was a golden pound cake. Dinner tonight was a hamburger topped with a little smoked goat cheese, corn and peas, and a huge salad. Dessert this evening was a chocolate chip cookie (dipped in my vanilla caramel tea).



Tomorrow takes me back to the gym to train (with my old partner, I hope) shoulders and get in the morning portion of my cardio. The rest of the day is wide open (I might need it to rest a little) until Biggest Loser time.

No comments:

Post a Comment