Sunday, October 18, 2009

Clothes I Almost Gave Away (Day 63)

Last night I decided to try to find some jeans/pants that fit. When I started NS I wore size 40. Friday night I visited with my parents and my mother kept telling me that I needed to get some clothes that fit. I had on size 36 jeans and only and XL shirt that night. So back to the closet last night. I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I almost gave away. They are size 34. They fit. Actually almost a little big. Crazy. Just crazy. I was so thrilled I decided to try on some of my old pants. They fit, just a little to tight still. I guess jeans are cut a little differently. Either way, 62 days ago I couldn't get my legs into either of these. I almost gave all of these clothes away. Now I'm so glad I didn't. I next decided to check in on one of my mini goals, fitting back into my old Cardillo training belt. Not quite there yet, but less than 1" to go. When I started I had about 7" (in other words the belt didn't even touch when I tried to wrap it around my waist). My other training belt (the Valeo) now fits. Killer. I'll start using it again until I fit into the Cardillo.

Other than trying to find clothes that fit, I spent the better of last night and today working on some of our computers. My main business computer had a hard drive fail & somehow or another the repair center not only couldn't repair it, they managed to break the second hard drive in the computer that worked fine when I took it in. So I've spent hours & hours trying to move data, restore data (I'm a backup freak, I have multiple on & off site backups of everything), yanking hard drives out of one machine and installing them into others. I'm sick of it. I'll never buy another PC. I have a Mac Book Pro that has never given me 1 second of problems. I'm gonna buy a crazy big, fast, Mac Pro Desktop and live a happy computer life.

The only exercise I did today was a 2 mile walk with Kim and Jumping Jack Flash this evening. Tomorrow I'm back to the gym for my regular Monday morning chest workout. I think I'll try some more of the HIIT cardio, followed by my typical uphill treadmill work.

I had a 100% on plan day. Breakfast was one of my new favorites, the NS Apple Strudel Scone toasted in a toaster oven. Along with it I had facon, a nectarine, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was grapes and yogurt. Lunch was a NS chicken salad sandwich, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a chocolate chip cookie (I've discovered a new love of the cookies, I now heat all of them in the toaster oven). Dinner was a salad with spinach, arugula, peppers, and olives, Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert was a double chocolate almond cookie (again heated up) along with a cup of tea. Yum.

I weigh in again in the morning and begin my 10th week on NS. I couldn't have asked for a better, easier, more productive experience. Hopefully I'll have another good # in the morning followed by another productive week.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great feeling....going back to the closet to find you can wear stuff from years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Drena - Yes it is. I've got all kinds of dress clothes and stuff I haven't even looked at in years that I'm almost in now. Cool.

    ReplyDelete