Friday, October 16, 2009

The Other Son (Day 60)

I received a pretty good compliment today. I had to meet with a tenant of one of our warehouses today and as he shook my hand he looked very confused. My dad mentioned that I'd lost some weight and the gentleman let out a sigh of relief. He thought that I must have been a different son in the family business he hadn't met yet. Not to bad, a man I've know for over a year didn't recognize me.



Easy workout today. Arms are always the easiest workout of the week, for me anyway. Arms are such a small muscle group (relatively speaking) you can only do so much before they become fatigued. Not like training legs or back which are loaded with large muscles that you pretty much use all of the time. Anyway, I began my workout with 3 sets of standing straight bar curls, followed by 3 sets of seated incline curls, then finished off my biceps with 3 sets of hammer strength preacher curls. Triceps followed with 3 sets of press downs, 3 sets of overhead presses, and finally 3 sets of rope press downs. Cardio began with 15 minutes of HIIT training (walk 1 minute, run 1 minute) followed by 25 minutes of incline 12.7, speed 3.8 on the treadmill.

Today's meals were all on plan. Breakfast was nutriflakes with a banana, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack was yogurt. Lunch was a salad and tomato corn chowder. My afternoon snack was an oatmeal raisin cookie. Dinner tonight was a salad (with all the typical stuff I put on it), broccoli with cheese sauce, lasagna, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert tonight was a chocolate chip cookie along with a cup of tea!

Leg day tomorrow! I know I won't be doing and HIIT cardio afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment