Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The List (Day 58)

Today, make a list of the things you hope to achieve with your weight loss.

This was part of today's Daily Dose on the NS site. I read a NS friend's list and decided to write one for myself. When I reach my goal weight it might be fun (or sad, I don't know) to look back and see what I accomplished, what I didn't, what was easy, what was crazy, etc. Some of these I may have already accomplished, or very nearly so. Anyway, THE LIST:

-Become healthy/fit enough so that when Kim and I do whatever activity she doesn't have to wait on me & constantly turn around to make sure I haven't fallen over dead from a heart attack.

-Be able to make it through one of my old workouts with the bodybuilders. Not keep up with them, just not have to tap out in the middle of the workout.

-Wear all of my old NICE clothes.

-Be able to get life insurance.

-Stop having to pay the surcharge on my health insurance for being overweight.

-Buy normal clothes instead of tents with head/arm holes.

-Eliminate my knee pain.

-This is silly, but I'd love to have my shoulders twice the size of my waist. Don't know where I'm at now, but in college my waist was 33" and my shoulders were 62". I read that the typical difference in clothing is a 6-8"difference.

-I want to be able to do HIIT workouts outside of the gym (High Intensity Interval Training).

-I want to enjoy food/eating, not have it define me.

-Most importantly, I want/need to become healthy so I can have a long, happy life with Kim!

I've read on some of the NS blogs I follow about different compliments people have received. I've received a few, mostly from my mom's friends (sad, I know), my parents, and my sister. The best compliment yet was from Kim. She said I looked like a different person. I told her maybe my theme song should be "Creep" by STP (the chorus in the song is "now I'm half the man I used to be").

Our Jack Russell is feeling much better today. His ear infection is under control and if he feels as good this afternoon as he did this morning I'm sure wild horses couldn't keep him from joining us on our evening walk (weather permitting, we're under a flood warning again today).

At the gym today I trained shoulders. During my first exercise someone came up and pulled my earphones out of my ears. I turned around ready to fight only to find one of my longtime closest frineds standing behind me. We haven't seen each other in years (she now lives on the West Coast) and she was in town visiting family (they own the gym). Wonderful to visit for a bit before she had to leave. I returned to my workout and decided to start over. I did 3 sets of shoulder presses, 3 sets of side lateral raises, 3 sets of upright rows, 3 sets of rear delts, and 3 sets of shoulder shrugs. My in gym cardio today was 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12.6, speed 3.8. This evening before dinner Kim and I walked our Pug around the lake (we decided Jack needed to rest again tonight, but I'll make sure he gets to walk tomorrow).

I've had a 100% on plan day. Breakfast was blueberry muffins, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack was a banana and yogurt. Lunch today was the same as yesterday (the black beans and rice salad thing Kim makes). My afternoon snack was a fudge brownie. Dinner this evening was a large salad with radishes, green onions, olives, jalapenos, green peppers, red peppers, and banana peppers. My NS dinner was macaroni and cheese with beef over a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert this evening was an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Finally, Kim and I just watched The Biggest Loser. What a crock of horse shit. It's rigged for crying Tracy to win all of the Temptations. Then the Blue team had the opportunity to send her home and instead they chose someone else. Stupid. I'd have voted her off like it was going out of style. Guess we'll have to wait another week to have our Goodbye Tracy Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment