Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coyote, Raccoon Tracks, & Vomit Cleaning Duties (Day 73)

This post is for Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 2009.

Nice weather returned today! I was able to go on a walk this evening as a result. I noticed last evening that I was, well, fussy because I missed my evening walk. Jumping Jack Flash was irritable as well. We are much happier this evening, though slightly muddy (Jack is very muddy).

I had to train alone again today (which is now the unfortunate norm). Mom never joins me if my sister and her son are in town visiting. My old partner was again unable to train, so I hit back solo. I began the workout with 15 minutes of HIIT (1 minute walk/2 minutes run) on the treadmill. After finishing up there I moved to the pull up bar. I strapped myself to the bar and began my first rep. All of the sudden the music stopped and I heard something crash to the ground. It was my iPhone. Wonderful. I keep it in a rubber case so it was undamaged. I kicked it to the side and again strapped myself to the bar. I managed 7 full, good reps, plus the first rep before the iPhone bailed on me. So I really did a total of 8 reps (1 rep, pause then 7 more). I moved on to the hammer strength back machines and began with 3 sets of front high rows, then 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs, then 3 sets of hammer strength seated 1 arm rows, moving next to the T-bar for 3 sets, and finally finishing with 3 sets of body masters seated rows. I returned to the treadmill for 30 minutes at incline 12.9 speed 3.9. By the time I was finished I looked like I had been in a swimming pool. Absolutely exhausted as well. My only other exercise was the aforementioned walk this evening with Jack. Kim was on call and working late so she didn't get to join us. Hopefully she'll be able to join us again soon.

I had another easy, productive (hopefully) day with my meals. I began with a blueberry muffin, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was the rest of the banana from breakfast and a cup of yogurt. Lunch was a large salad and chicken noodle soup. My afternoon snack was a chocolate peanut butter bar dipped into some sugar free, fat free, calorie free caramel flavored sauce. It ended up being OK. Certainly not to be confused with real caramel, but it kinda reminded me of caramel. Dinner was another large salad, broccoli & cauliflower in cheese sauce, wedged potatoes with beef, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie with a cup of tea.

The only other things of note that happened today were when Kim and I saw a coyote while coming home from cleaning vomit out of her car (she works for DFACS and one of the children she was working with got upset and puked all over her back seat) & Jack and I spotted some raccoon tracks while walking. We've trapped around 15 raccoons from my grandmother's garden and released them on our property, so we're always happy to see signs of them around the lake. The coyote was very handsome. He crossed the road in front of us, then turned to look back at us as we drove by. I wish we could find one as a pup and have our very own lake 'yote. I couldn't resist naming him Wiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment