Sunday, October 11, 2009

End of Week 8, Finding New/Old Clothes (Day 56)

Today is the end of my 8th week on NS. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning to see how productive the week was.

I decided not to go to the gym again today (my hip flexors have been sore for a month and needed a break) but I got a decent workout around the house. Of course Kim and I walked Jumping Jack Flash a couple of miles this evening, but that wasn't the biggest part of my workout today. We ordered some new furniture yesterday so we began to move some things around the house today preparing for the delivery which will be in a few days. We moved Kim's office furniture (which was in our living room) into the spare bedroom so she can have a quieter workspace and free up room for the new furniture. An unplanned but pleasant bonus was the newly available wall space that was freed up by moving the book case and desk. Now I have an excuse to have some new canvas, metal, or framed prints made. I'm sure I have room for at least 4 over sized prints, possibly six. Now the fun begins trying to select 6 of the 20,000+ photos I've shot in the past 2 years or so we want to have printed. Fun.

The spare room we moved Kim's office into also houses my closet (Kim's closet is off of our bedroom - she needs more space than I do) so I took the opportunity to go through my closet a little today. I have clothes that I wore before NS (those would be the XXL shirts and the size 40 pants). I have clothes I fit into now (the XL shirts and the 36 pants). I also have the clothes that I will fit into soon (still the XL shirts and 34 pants). The neat thing about going through my closet and finding clothes that I haven't worn in years is it's kinda like going shopping, only I don't have to pay for any of this stuff (since I already own it), it's all stuff I like (I bought it to begin with), and most importantly, it's all stuff I thought I'd NEVER wear again. Some of the things I just liked for whatever reason, but some of them have great memories associated with them. My favorite t-shirt from college (Uptown Lounge shirt from a now out of business Athens, GA bar I frequented in college). My favorite jeans (Lucky Brand) because they were the first jeans I'd owned in years (I always wore pants in college). It was fun to look through all the stuff in the closet I'd given up on but will be able to wear this winter. (Obviously I don't throw away clothes since I've been out of college for 10+ years and I still have the t-shirt I had from my freshman year)

I had a 100% on plan day. Yesterday was off a little (raw fish for lunch and octopus for dinner) but I still think it was a good day. My breakfast today was an apple strudel scone, nectarine, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch today was a salad and red beans and rice with sausage. My afternoon snack was a peanut butter cookie. Dinner this evening was a huge salad and a thick crust pizza with some turkey pepperoni. Dessert this evening was a white chocolate chunk cookie.

Tomorrow morning is the final WI for the Columbus Day Challenge. I think I only need to loose 2.9 pounds to meet my goal. Good luck to everyone in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment