Monday, October 12, 2009

Starting Week 9 (Day 57)

Today I began my 9th week on NS. My how time flies. Honestly, the first month seemed to go by slow. I guess I was just getting used to the plan and every meal was potentially something different. The second month went by in what seemed like a week. I hope the rest of my time on NS goes as smoothly and as productively (relatively) as the first two months have.

Kim had the day off from work today so I got up early and tended to the hounds so she could sleep a little extra before returning to her normal 5AM wake up routine. I waited on her to rise so we could have breakfast together, then I was off to the gym. I had a 12 set chest workout today. 3 sets of incline presses, 3 sets of flat presses, 3 sets of bodymasters machine presses, and finally 3 sets of cable flies. I then jumped onto the treadmill (OK, that's a lie, I walked slowly to & carefully climbed onto said treadmill) and knocked out 35 minutes at incline 12.5, speed 3.8. This evening before dinner Kim and I walked around a good portion of the lake for our evening cardio. We went on the walk without our usual companion Jumping Jack Flash because he has a nasty ear infection, thus he had to remain at home. We didn't walk the entire route we usually take because our area received over 2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and a section of the path was simply too muddy for our taste.

My breakfast this morning was pancakes, facon, raspberries, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. For lunch today Kim prepared one of my favorite NS items, black beans and rice. She prepared it, added a fake grilled chicken breast (Morning Star), various chopped veggies, then chilled the entire mix. I placed it on a bed of lettuce and then topped with a little FF Cesar. My afternoon snack was going to be a pound cake, but I dropped it in the floor. I ended up eating a chocolate peanut butter bar. Dinner tonight was great. Beef and noodles in teryaki sauce over broccoli, a slice of multigrain bread, and some olives after dinner. Dessert was a fudge brownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment